bis mag/baracuda match in the same tin??

shoot57

Went to my local shop and bought a tin of bis mags, as i was looking for 5.51 size i looked at the bottom of the tin and saw a sticker with baracuda on it, the staff in the shop were a bit confused as was i. So today i have phoned a different shop asking for bis mags in 5.51, the shop owner looked to see the size and was also confused at the baracuda sticker on the bottom. So i ask, have i bought bis mags or bar match? are they the same as each other? or are they mixed? if i open the tin from the top they are bis mags, but if i open from the bottom they are bar match ..... hellllllllllllllllllp

Guest cookoff013

i always thought they were the same pellet,but my fac airwolf shoots barracudas spot on but wont shoot magnums worth a toss

probably a weight issue / out of spec / random head sizes... mix.

if for whatever reason they fail, they`ll all go into the magnum bin.

I have just bought a s/h air wolf fac which is why i have been testing different pellets, interesting what you say about your rifle pork chop as my rifle shoots barracudas and bis mags just the same, one hole groups at 40 mtr, but looking closely at the two pellets they appear the same on the outside but inside the skirt there is a slight difference and the baracudas do travel a tad faster being slightly lighter, i also noticed that the bis mags were a bit harder to push into the barrel which is why i was looking at 5.51 which my tin of barracudas were. i may give John Rotherys a call to clear the mystery over the bis mags