Which decade was the best for music?

ME

Rate the best music decade  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best decade for music?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm this is a hard one as for me being in my late teens in the late 90`s I voted for that decade as when I hear the 90`s sounds it take me back to being 18 :) But there is great music from other decades as well one of my all time favorite bands are The Doors so really well before my time, But also Ocean Colour Scene were excellent as well I managed to see the live 5 times this one being a favorite of mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rr4tXN2eJM but this one from the fun lovin criminals reminds me of a mad bank holiday in London http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFSLFBAJdBI both from the 90`s. Yet I still love bands like Pink Floyd, Deep Purple etc etc as I was bought up listening to them. So both come from nostaglia either from my parents tastes or from my youth !

Some good stuff from all eras listen to a wide range to be honest. 90's were my teen years so guess would have to go with that. Oasis and pulp being firm favourites.

My iPod includes music from buddy holly, Roy Orbison, Johnny cash, the kinks, right through to the streets and some more modern stuff.

Favourite bands ever. James and red bit chillies.

Karpman

Some good stuff from all eras listen to a wide range to be honest. 90's were my teen years so guess would have to go with that. Oasis and pulp being firm favourites.

My iPod includes music from buddy holly, Roy Orbison, Johnny cash, the kinks, right through to the streets and some more modern stuff.

Favourite bands ever. James and red bit chillies.

Karpman

Oh yea Pulp Common people was my 1st cassette single ! Sadly my 1st vinyl single was Tiffany !! Another soundtrack to my youth was this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUE4oDunYkc

I love acdc, Rolling Stones, guns and roses etc but come on! jerry leelewis , johnny cash, Elvis, credence clear water 1930s to early 1960s was great music, ROCKABILLY for life! That's all I listen to when I'm welding at work. the I go out side and do my pigeon breast or whatever I have to do and all the lads think I'm a hillbilly.

if anyone has seen "lawless" the film about moon shining with Ed hardy in (brilliant film) but the sound drake is even better!

I became a teenager in 1964 so have listened to a lot of music in the intervening years. I can't pick a particular decade but a mixture of the 60's, 70's and 80's. I have the Stones, AC/DC, Simple Minds, Blondie, Clapton and many others depending on how the mood takes me blasting out in the car or at home when alone.

i grew up in the 70's/80's listening mostly to punk thanks to big sister, it wasn't until my early teens that i discovered the likes led zeppelin and the who which were a little before my time but still blew punk into the weeds. i'll listen to virtually anything except wigga music, but my some of my favourite songs are 70's rock classics.

80s for sure. Never earned so much money and wasted the lot.

Love it so much I am still tooling round in a 1985 944.

The music is still good today. Listen to The Business soundtrack for real nostalgia.

Also you can't beat an office bird with big shoulder pads.....

Edited by Freakmode