Mitsubishi l200 fuel problems....

matth12321

Hi All!

so..... iv had Mitsubishi l200 for about 3 months now and its been awesome but the other day it wouldn't start. it was turning over fine but not firing. I changed the glow plugs which made no difference so I loosened of one of the pips going to the injectors and no fuel was getting through. It seems like the T1t that owned it before me bypassed the fuel filter....so it has no primer or filter... the filter was full of **** so I fitted a hand primer and that drew up a bit of fuel but it still wouldn't start... I wondered if the lift pump had packed up.... tracking back the pipes to the tank and then taking the tank off there doesn't seem to be a lift pump? Is this normal? surely the injector pump wouldn't draw the fuel all the way through the system?

If any one has any suggestions or ideas id be very grateful.

matt

if the filter has been bypassed who knows what,s in the injector pump I think (not owned one) that the only pump is actually the injector pump I could be wrong and if this fails contamination etc it needs replacing also a failed cam belt teeth missing could give same symptoms of injector pump failure