Eley First Fibre

Just to give a quick review on these for those searching.

Bought for a little under £40 a slab. They are a budget cartridge. Bought them in 28g number 8 format. They give quite a whack of recoil compared to my preferred Lyalvale HV or Sporting Supplies own brand. Also they leave the bores extremely dirty.

I will avoid in the future.

Just to give a quick review on these for those searching.

Bought for a little under £40 a slab. They are a budget cartridge. Bought them in 28g number 8 format. They give quite a whack of recoil compared to my preferred Lyalvale HV or Sporting Supplies own brand. Also they leave the bores extremely dirty.

I will avoid in the future.

I use them all the time in 7.5's fibre....Kill no problem at all....I have had 1 miss fire in 10 slabs...re the dirt just clean the gun!!

TEH

Normally use first 24g fibre all the time, nice soft recoil but yes they are dirty. Can't say I've noticed too much confetti but lately they must have changed something because our guns are covered in green speckles (same colour as the writing on the carts) and it gets everywhere. Stock , fore end and the barrels.!

yup, olympics are well known with trap shooters as they are good, cheap and clean.. i used to use them when i started shooting, they only do them in plastic wad though...if i had a choice of eley first plastic and the olympics cost slightly more then i would go for the olympics any day!