stinging nettle treatment

wraivi

Hey guys.

Been introducing my new pup, a lab x weimaraner, to the great outdoors. He's been playing the fool off the lead and barrelled in to a bed of young nettles in the meadow. He yelped a bit and was fine for a while. About an hour after getting home, he's been going nuts as the stings he got earlier have begun itching again. All good now but have any of you got any advice on what I can use in future to soothe the itching or treat the stings until his pads toughen up. Poor little ****** had his ears, snout and belly stung too. He's fine now but probably won't be the last time he gets into nettles. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Thanks for the replies lads. I know its part of the job, just curious as to what might be a remedy. My last dog never had an issue with nettles so thought I'd ask. He has to learn about these things and they only learn through experience. He was back on top form on this evenings outing. Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies lads. I know its part of the job, just curious as to what might be a remedy. My last dog never had an issue with nettles so thought I'd ask. He has to learn about these things and they only learn through experience. He was back on top form on this evenings outing. Thanks again.

Give him a anti hisamene (spelling ?)

Perhaps he cares for his dog ?

I have seen dogs so affected they rub their feet raw , is it not better to try and treat it than watch them suffer ?

Well perhaps your right Fenboy,if a dog is gnawing his feet fair enough give him an anti histamine.

Dogs after beating are nearly always irritated.Part of the job

Give him a anti hisamene (spelling ?)

Perhaps he cares for his dog ?

I have seen dogs so affected they rub their feet raw , is it not better to try and treat it than watch them suffer ?

As Gazbev said if they are very sensitive to it and it does cause them real discomfort then of course give them something, but for a short period of irritation then i wouldn't be giving anything.