membership prices (seriously!!!)

mda998

Crikey how how much do these places charge
Cambridge gun club £55 ( £50 renewal)

same targets week in week out, a gun shop thats rarely open and split in 2 different areas then pay extra for tea and coffee!! ( get home and have to defume all your clothes from the smell of FRIED FOOD)

Sporting targets £60 ( £50 renewal)

loads of variety and loads of towers plus free tea and coffee (propper coffee) and a gun shop thats open all day and under 1 roof, also very welcoming members of staff

surely a no brainer

what about your areas?

Edited by mda998

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orston Shooting Ground, near Grantham.

£25 membership initially, £20 renewal. 50p discount off 25 bird rounds, £1 discount off 40 bird sporting.

Catering and gunshop and clubhouse are excellent.

Vic,

Edited by VicW

£25 membership initially, £20 renewal. 50p discount off 25 bird rounds, £1 discount off 40 bird sporting.

Vic,

been there lots of times brilliant place (very clean, good food, nice people and also NO FRIED FOOD SMELL which is a bonus)

Vic,

Since PW held the charity shoot there our club has now an annual trip to Orston, (twice so far and again next year)

One of the nicest friendliest clubs Ive been to.

Our club is £60 per year (£30 for juniors)

£6 per week to shoot (£3 for juniors) £9 for non members (£4.50 for juniors), this gets you 50 clays of varying disciplines, we are lease time restricted so normally you only get 1 round in, (1 round can be...either 50 sporting, 25 DTL & 25 ABT, 25 Skeet and either 25 Compact or 25 DTL

Sandwiches are £1.20, pop is 50p and proper tea and coffee is free

:shaun:

Billy Bell at yarmouth.........£ 5.00 a round help yourself on targets mix and match high tower game sporting and skeet open 7 days a week....if you want a tea and a fag drop round and see billy dont put the money in the box...........it was the first skeet range in the uk set up by the american oilies when they hit town in the oil boom...billy is an ex gipsy and a true gentleman always has gundogs wippets and lurchers in and out of his house...and has shot with all the titled famlies of this county

no joining fee

Can't agree with the comments on Cambridge Gun Club, it's one of the few grounds where there is serious investment a going on. There is a little bit of "work in progress" , but every time I go which is every few weeks there is some improvement made.

The staff are really friendly and they have a huge range of targets to shoot at, so if they don't change them every week, there must be plenty to go at.

If membership prices are too expensive, then don't become a member and pay the extra few bob for a round.

Any ground becomes familiar so a group of us try to go somewhere different every week over a month then start again, by that time things should have changed a bit.

Sporting Targets is on the whole excellent but they have been established a number of years.

Sporting Targets is just about the best ground you will find.

As said above Cambridge Gun Club has great aspirations and is moving in the right direction.

Orston is a cracking place, great for practice on a Wednesday afternoon.

Kibworth has always lacked that certain something and is a scruffy ground.

As for the payment of an annual membership and the relevant savings possible, that requires a little working out. If you join and don't go to that ground often enough to save your initial expenditure you need to think again.

Can't agree with the comments on Cambridge Gun Club, it's one of the few grounds where there is serious investment a going on. There is a little bit of "work in progress" , but every time I go which is every few weeks there is some improvement made.

The staff are really friendly and they have a huge range of targets to shoot at, so if they don't change them every week, there must be plenty to go at.

If membership prices are too expensive, then don't become a member and pay the extra few bob for a round.

Any ground becomes familiar so a group of us try to go somewhere different every week over a month then start again, by that time things should have changed a bit.

Sporting Targets is on the whole excellent but they have been established a number of years.

Absolutely spot on, they are trying really hard at Cambridge GC, if the OP doesn't rate the place then he clearly doesn't have much experience of shooting different grounds..??

Don't forget, these places are run as a business, not a charity, if your rear end feels a tad sore after visiting Cambridge GC, then come on down to EJ Churchills, or any number of other grounds around London, after you've paid their prices and savoured their hospitality they'll have to carry you back to your car, with plenty of vaseline and padding to make your journey back to the fens a comfortable one..... :oops:

Cat.

I don't see your problem with Cambridge Gun Club. Clays for members are 22p compared to ST's 24p and the stands at Cambridge change regularly and are interesting. I've not noticed them changing any less often than ST. I've never had a problem with the smell of fried food there, although that presumably depends on what people are ordering. Certainly I noticed the smell at Kibworth. Complaining that they have a separate shop for clothing seems a bit odd. And as for paying for coffee, I've had to pay everywhere I've been apart from AGL who make that cost back on the price of everything else.

Sporting Targets have a tower,and Cambridge don't, that's true. Also Cambridge shop sometimes isn't staffed and you have to ask at reception, that's also true. That wouldn't put me in a particularly negative frame of mind though.

Beamish Sporting Club (County Durham) have a large shipping container which has been fitted out with seating and 2 lovely ladies who cook sausage, bacon and egg sandwiches as well as tea, coffee and pop.

It's not glamorous by any means or as big as some of the other local clubs but is a really nice friendly club and it's a pleasure shoot there. They have 4 stands within a section of Slaley Forest and a separate practice trap, a round of 50 birds is £5 and it's £1 for 10 on the practice trap, membership is £25 and we shoot every 2 weeks.

Absolutely spot on, they are trying really hard at Cambridge GC, if the OP doesn't rate the place then he clearly doesn't have much experience of shooting different grounds..??

Don't forget, these places are run as a business, not a charity, if your rear end feels a tad sore after visiting Cambridge GC, then come on down to EJ Churchills, or any number of other grounds around London, after you've paid their prices and savoured their hospitality they'll have to carry you back to your car, with plenty of vaseline and padding to make your journey back to the fens a comfortable one..... :oops:

Cat.

have done my fair share of travelling the country thanks!

just merely putting the point out that 'LOCALS' are your bread and butter to keep things ticking over when someone like you from hertfordshire cant be bothered to go there that weekend :oops:

Cat.

so true, at Churchill's you do have a superb setting and its done very well, you get what you pay for

some people just want something for nothing.

The investment in some of these clubs is huge, why ?? so someones business can make a profit. plenty of cheap and cheerful s out there for all pockets.

so true, at Churchill's you do have a superb setting and its done very well, you get what you pay for

some people just want something for nothing.

The investment in some of these clubs is huge, why ?? so someones business can make a profit. plenty of cheap and cheerful s out there for all pockets.

there is a global recession, surely its not that people want things for nothing just value for money

have you ever shot at my local clubs just out of interest

(this is not a witch hunt)

just merely pointing things out in my local area

what about you local grounds as this is where the thread should be going, not hijacking because you have no real input :)

errrrr

try reading the posts

I have mentioned Churchills which has excellent facilities, and for that they charge in my opinion an appropriate price, otherwise there several cheaper options such as Ringwood, no membership charge and any number in between with few facilities and appropriate fees

I will have to ask the Parish if I would get elected. Thankfully there are people who are prepared to do such volunteer work for the benefit of others

He He

dont you just love people who want everything for doing nothing and have no powers of argument or discussion

just been looking at your other posts on here and suprise suprise they all seem to start with 'totally agree' or ' spot on fella' like i said a true sheep baa baa baa :lol: