membership prices (seriously!!!)

mda998

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guys and girls just a quick update,,

Although having said that i would like to make people aware that i have now been BANNED from CAMBRIDGE GUN CLUB you may think this is childish, of course not, its up to them, that is their choice 'as mine is to speak from personal experiences'

Harsh to say the least, How did you find out about the ban.

well guys and girls just a quick update,,

Although having said that i would like to make people aware that i have now been BANNED from CAMBRIDGE GUN CLUB you may think this is childish, of course not, its up to them, that is their choice 'as mine is to speak from personal experiences'

Harsh to say the least, How did you find out about the ban.

heard rumours so i called the owners direct to see if they were true,

then straight from the horses mouth (or so to speak)

Well i don't see the problem with Cambridge, they are very friendly and are improving the ground. With regular use and membership its pretty cheap compared with some of the grounds that i travel to for competitions. As for walking away smelling of fried food, i like to walk into a club house and smell cooking bacon. I will renew my membership.

I spend most of the year at various shooting grounds up and down the country shooting competitions, some better than others, and the price reflects that.

Having said that, i'm spoilt for choice where i am, as we have regular shoots run by Alan of Fair Clays. When i'm not shooting comps this is the place i like to go to shoot with people i regard as friends. No Club house or membership fee's, and if its raining you get wet.

Having shot at a lot of grounds, its pretty cheap to shoot in Norfolk.

Well i don't see the problem with Cambridge, they are very friendly and are improving the ground. With regular use and membership its pretty cheap compared with some of the grounds that i travel to for competitions. As for walking away smelling of fried food, i like to walk into a club house and smell cooking bacon. I will renew my membership.

I spend most of the year at various shooting grounds up and down the country shooting competitions, some better than others, and the price reflects that.

Having said that, i'm spoilt for choice where i am, as we have regular shoots run by Alan of Fair Clays. When i'm not shooting comps this is the place i like to go to shoot with people i regard as friends. No Club house or membership fee's, and if its raining you get wet.

Having shot at a lot of grounds, its pretty cheap to shoot in Norfolk.

Can't see why being able to smell cooking when sitting in a café is a negative, it's a bloody café for gawds sake it's supposed to smell of cooking. I walk into Kibworth and always fancy a bowl of those chips someone else always seems to be eating :drool:

Can't see why being able to smell cooking when sitting in a café is a negative, it's a bloody café for gawds sake it's supposed to smell of cooking. I walk into Kibworth and always fancy a bowl of those chips someone else always seems to be eating :drool:

absolutetly,, your opinion (who am i to say you are wrong).

there is nothing wrong with the smell of food

if i go out for a meal i dont come home smelling of the restaurant

as a constructive point if i owned a club i would poss take on board those comments and install an extraction system that deals with it, not ban the person who said it,,

example, if you went to a pub toilet and it was disgusting, then you went to the landlord and told him, would you expect to be barred from the pub because of your comments

as a constructive point if i owned a club i would poss take on board those comments and install an extraction system that deals with it, not ban the person who said it,,

example, if you went to a pub toilet and it was disgusting, then you went to the landlord and told him, would you expect to be barred from the pub because of your comments

I think there's a bit of difference between the smell of bacon cooking and **** :yes:

A poor example, you went on to a public forum and expressed your views, the owners appear to have taken a dislike to your opinions and banned you.

It is incredibly easy to find out who is behind pretty much any username, and without any special access to personal details. All you need is a bit of skill in using Google.

Simply having a username and an avatar affords absolutely no anonymity whatsoever, as a lot of posters on here and other forums have found out to their cost over the years.

A poor example, you went on to a public forum and expressed your views, the owners appear to have taken a dislike to your opinions and banned you.

Well, to be fair, he said they were operating on greed. That's defamatory. There might not have much of a case to make a legal fuss but at the very least it was insulting.

Well, to be fair, he said they were operating on greed. That's defamatory. There might not have much of a case to make a legal fuss but at the very least it was insulting.

i feel that i must apologise to anyone offended by my comments on this subject. As i said in earlier posts this is NOT a witch hunt about CAMBRIDGE GUN CLUB and I do not take back my comments as it is my personal opinion to which i am entitled to (freedom of speech ETC..)

Although i do find your comments insulting towards me ehb102

Edited by mda998

I've read these posts with great interest!

Whilst I accept these are your views, if you felt strongly at the issues you should have raised with CGC rather that take the easy option and use this forum, which I my view is a bit of a cop out, some would say pathetic!

I'm not sure what's driving your bitterness, but from my experiences CGC offer a great venue, great staff and are developing the club for its members.

If you've had a falling out then that's life just get over it and find somewhere else to shoot as there are numerous around. If they have indeed banned you which I doubt, but looking at some of your previous posts they have in my view justification for this.

You have mentioned it not a Witch Hunt in more than one of your posts is this now a realisation of how your posts read and a poor attempt at damage limitation, if so your too late the damage has been done.

I hope you don't offence at my comments as you say we are all entitled to express our views.

Just remember to disagree with something, one doesn't have to be disagreeable!