mussel flash

tody27

I dont know why it happens.

**** is almost certainly a buid up of oil and it is exploding due to the compression in exactly the same way that a diesel engine works. He is probably being too liberal with his gun oil.

When we were kids, one of our tricks was to put model aircraft engine fuel in a pellet and very often this would explode and the result was a dramatic increase in power.

I am not recommending this practice as it obviously puts your airgun way over the unlicenced legal limit. :lol::D

ernyha could u plz explian a bit more on the thing about the fuel plz

Mahnood, the principle is that when a low boiling point fuel is compressed enough the temperature rises to a point where it explodes.

This is how a diesel engine works hence no spark plugs.

The same thing can happen if there is a suitable fuel present when an airgun is fired as the pressure builds up suddenly when you pull the trigger and the fuel will explode giving the pellet the same sort of force as in a rifle.

Here endeth tonights physics lesson.

:D

I should point out before i am corrected that liquid cannot be compressed and it is the air that is compressed and raises the temperature to the ignition point of the fuel.