Steve smiths - dinnington

toontastic

.............and they really know how to make you feel (un)welcome up there a real shame

Cheers

Tom

When I last asked for a scorecard I was told "We are not a premier ground so why have a scorecard"

Its a crying shame because it has the potential to be a superb ground,

He tried selling it a few years ago, but as it had a short lease nobody wanted it...£400k I believe was the asking price (other prices may be available :innocent: )

Went to the Joe Barron charity shoot there this year, it was run by Bebside Gun Club and it was a great success which just goes to show that with a bit of thought it would do well

It has Skeet/Sporting/Universal Trench/Compact as well as a Grouse butt and maybe DTL? obviously not all at the same time, and an Air rifle range.......

I think the guy lost interest years ago and is now just plodding on till retirement

Suprisingly it is quite well attended for such an unwelcoming ground, down to location I would imagine

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

We used to run GB team OT and UT selection shoots there a few years ago, Jack Reed always used to put himself out for us. Unfortunately with only two ranges it couldn't cope with the increasing entries we were getting, what also made it popular was the lads used to enjoy the nightlife in Whitley Bay :whistling::whistling::whistling:

We used to run GB team OT and UT selection shoots there a few years ago, Jack Reed always used to put himself out for us. Unfortunately with only two ranges it couldn't cope with the increasing entries we were getting, what also made it popular was the lads used to enjoy the nightlife in Whitley Bay :whistling::whistling::whistling:

He won't anymore Phil....Sadly...

Just to add that the "sadly" part above isn't because he has passed away or anything

He just doesn't seem to care anymore

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860