Taking a youngster for clay lessons.

Zetter

Hi All

I have been shooting clays locally for a few months after getting sucked into it by one of my air rifle club friends. I have taken my 11 year old daughter along to score/ push buttons ect a few times which she really enjoyed. However she would like to try the sport for herself so to speak, I did book a lesson at our local ground but due to the joys of the British climate the lesson was rained off and they don't have any slots with the instructors free now until the new year.

So can anyone recommend any clubs in the Bucks area who would do a junior taster lesson to see if she likes it and if she does what size gun she could cope with?

Cheers in advance Neil

Edited by Zetter

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just say a big thanks to Terry (Baker Boy) for squeezing us in for an introductory lesson this week down at the A1 shooting ground, my daughter really enjoyed herself and he took plenty of time to ensure she enjoyed her first lesson with something other than an air rifle. My fear was she may be put off by the bigger recoil but she took to it like a duct to water under Terry's guidance and hit quite a few.

It looks like I will be looking for another Shotgun for the cabinet soon so she can joint me on my fortnightly clay missing excursions and have a go herself rather than just scoring.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...