Mud patterns

tlennox

I managed to make a few sets of these Mudpattern, only used them once so far but worked a treat. They took a little getting used to and i went over in the mud in the first 30yds but had no problems after that. I'll sort some pictures out. I found an off cut of ply in b&q for a fiver with enough to make three pairs and repair the kids playhouse.

I managed to make a few sets of these Mudpattern, only used them once so far but worked a treat. They took a little getting used to and i went over in the mud in the first 30yds but had no problems after that. I'll sort some pictures out. I found an off cut of ply in b&q for a fiver with enough to make three pairs and repair the kids playhouse.

is that what you meant when you said ya gun got caked up tony :lol: which part of the flats did you cross and to where fella?..gan start using mine again so al make sure nee one is aboot with a camera :lol: been a while 20years since a slipped a pair of them on n the 1's av got now are snow shoes :ninja:

Could of done with a pair of those on Saturday Nick, what is normally sand and firm, wasn't :( ended up to my knees in soft silty sand, O Sugar, or something like that :lol:

If you hit true sinking sand these wont help and cutting them off might be sort of hard when you up to your waist. A whole horse and rider were once lost on one place I shoot, a latter tide uncovered them quite well preserved with rider still on his mount

If you hit true sinking sand these wont help and cutting them off might be sort of hard when you up to your waist. A whole horse and rider were once lost on one place I shoot, a latter tide uncovered them quite well preserved with rider still on his mount

Thats the last time I am taking my horse wildfowling.

is that what you meant when you said ya gun got caked up tony :lol: which part of the flats did you cross and to where fella?..gan start using mine again so al make sure nee one is aboot with a camera :lol: been a while 20years since a slipped a pair of them on n the 1's av got now are snow shoes :ninja:

I crossed over to the main channel, luckily the gun was still in the slip. The gun got caked up in the muddy gutter that I was lying in. It used to be only when I was pi553d up that I lay in gutters.

Edited by tlennox

Like I said mate,If it looks too soft, don`t walk on it.

Harry, don`t let this tale put you off of using your horse for fowling, I`m working on mudpattens for horses as we speak!

My own horse has never sunk from sight so they seem to work o.k.

I think that the statistics,I don`t know anyone who has died as a result of using pattens,suggest that, used with care they are quite safe.

I am talking of the top crossing of Morecambe bay over the sand, its claimed many lives. The Kent estuary kills people regular, the point I am trying to make is mud and sinking sand are very different things and anyone walking sinking sand don't want to wear mud Patterns. The Queens guide actually goes barefoot

Thanks for clarifying that.

A clue exists in the name. "MUD pattens". I don`t advocate their use in quicksand.

Could you make me some "sand/mud pattens" for my horse just in case I encounter either of these issues whilst out wildfowling :good: I dont want to wait for a high tide to get him back :innocent:

I could bring him down for a fitting if that would help :lol:

H

I fail to see what's funny about people and service animal loosing their lives. When you have been out on the foreshore a little more you might learn respect from the mates and acquaintances you will only be able to remember.

mud patterns are mud patterns, I have never bothered with them personally but I think its useful to make things clear

I crossed over to the main channel, luckily the gun was still in the slip. The gun got caked up in the muddy gutter that I was lying in. It used to be only when I was pi553d up that I lay in gutters.

:lol::lol::lol: I me to..now am t-total 1year :yes: ..must of went out from fenham-le-moor did u?..proper soft and gets hold without patterns,probs c u satday tony at the birdwatch tower around 6.30 al be up :good:

• 5 years later...

Snow shows are full of holes! The mud Will just come through the. They are whatbthos poor chinese guys used up in Morecambe picking cockles thatntime and drowned.

Think of putting a tennis racquet in a bath of water!

You need solid planks of wood, 10"x10" with 3 raised runners in an 'H' on each to stop you slipping.

Look them up on youtube and see what you think.