bbc1 should be intresting

dazz

Unfortunately, a quick check on twitter for #foxwars shows how completely uneducated the general population are. It doesn't matter how much damage Charlie causes, how many times he kills chickens, craps on their doorsteps or rips their bins apart, these fools think foxes are cuddly and cute.

Some of the comments makes my blood boil, but I think there's very little you can do to turn their urban views around. They've never come into contact with a real fox, seen first hand how bloodthirsty they are and what the are capable of.

I don't shoot foxs as I've never needed to but having watched nobby in action it seems all you need is an empty Tin of whiskers with a fork, give it a shake and the foxey comes running.

He did flea treat them before moving the problem/fox on to be fair.

Edited by GingerCat

Old nobby wants a clip round head

He said that people complaining about damage to chickens should keep their chickens secure. How exactly are you supposed to do that? Foxes aren't as easy to exclude as some people make them out to be. They are quite good at breaking into things like chicken sheds.

Caused an interesting conversation with swmbo, she said she wanted to feed the foxs in our new house, I recommended she fed the hedgehogs instead, why's that she asked, becasuse I will feed the foxs of course.

She perked up at this and then I pointed out it will be about 50 grams of something just subsonic and she got the Harris and went to bed. Ho hum. Looking forward to having chickens again and I don't need a concentration camp at the bottom if the garden to do that.

Unfortunately, a quick check on twitter for #foxwars shows how completely uneducated the general population are. It doesn't matter how much damage Charlie causes, how many times he kills chickens, craps on their doorsteps or rips their bins apart, these fools think foxes are cuddly and cute.

Some of the comments makes my blood boil, but I think there's very little you can do to turn their urban views around. They've never come into contact with a real fox, seen first hand how bloodthirsty they are and what the are capable of.

I think the issue is that all we ever see are pictures of healthy foxes, and dead ones with some bloke smiling holding his gun. Next time you see the damage a fox does - like killing chickens, lambs etc, take a picture of that. People don't see that side of the story.

Seen programmes like this before and I've always wondered what rounds these pest controllers are using. I couldn't use a .22 lr in an urban back garden, subs or HVs. My heart would be in my mouth. After every shot I'd be waiting for the sound of breaking glass and shouting.

Caused an interesting conversation with swmbo, she said she wanted to feed the foxs in our new house, I recommended she fed the hedgehogs instead, why's that she asked, becasuse I will feed the foxs of course.

She perked up at this and then I pointed out it will be about 50 grams of something just subsonic and she got the Harris and went to bed. Ho hum. Looking forward to having chickens again and I don't need a concentration camp at the bottom if the garden to do that.

I'm so glad I haven't got a missus like that.

Just watched on iplayer, god theres some nutters about (Nobby). Have shot a few fox's with the 12g but most i have shot have been well rougth. Do like seening mr fox about when thier in good nick, thing that gets on my tit's most is the dog loves rolling in thier **** :mad::sick: .

I don't shoot foxs as I've never needed to but having watched nobby in action it seems all you need is an empty Tin of whiskers with a fork, give it a shake and the foxey comes running.

He did flea treat them before moving the problem/fox on to be fair.

Yup he handles the cub, moved on the vixen and the rest of the litter and then poured on a flea treatment to change the smell of the cub and make sure the vixen didn't take it back. A total idiot but probably why some of the Herts boys just inside the m25 shoot so many