Zeroing scope

Stanners

Hi all,

I'm very new to airgunning, and need some help with the zeroing of my scope if anybody out there can give some tips or a place to head. I have an AA S410 Carbine with Whitetail scope. I have previously had it pretty well zeroed, but I'm guessing the gun/scope has taken a knock at some point as I now cannot get it to zero in - I have it adjusted as far right as possible using windage adjuster, and it is consistently 1 inch to far left. The rifle and target are in exactly the same spot as when I previously zeroed.

Anybody got tips or ideas what screw I need to turn!?

Cheers

Have you tried turning the windage adjuster the other way?May sound a daft question. Usually on 99% of scopes, turning the adjuster anti-clockwise, alters the reticule (crosshairs) to the right, and vice versa.

Make sue that the scope is tight (not too tight though) in the scope rings, and that it is not loose on your rifle.

Centralise your reticule by counting the number of clicks from max right to max left adjustment and counting the clicks-half the total puts your reticule in the centre. Pop the scope back on the gun and fire off a couple of shots at a target about 15 yards away-you should be within a couple of inches at the most-if not then either your mounts are damaged or your barrel has been knocked off centre-check that the support (looks like a figure of 8) has not been twisted slightly.

sounds like the usual air arms problem, try loosening the two grub screws that hold the front barrel support to the air reservoir (it looks like a figure of eight) and watch the barrel spring back into alignment !

I bet you've twisted it in the bag, its very easy to do especially if you have silencer attached .

hope this helps

If you think it`s had a knock take your scope of the gun.

Then re-mount it making sure everything is good and tight.

Then have a look at your barrel band loosen the two grub screws.

Let the barrel centralize it`s self then pinch up the grub screws in the barrel band.

Then your scope should re- zero.

It doesn`t take much of a knock to move your scope mounts off line or the barrel band.

Especially the cheap scope mounts with only one clamping screw.

Good luck.

Russ.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

• 2 weeks later...