Crows with Bullet Boy

eccles

Mark came up early Friday morning for a bit of shooting this weekend.

Yesterday morning was awful weather. :sad1: Went down to the local cafe for a brekkie,had to twist Marks arm to get him to pay. :lol:

Decided to pop up to Jonathan's at Mid Wales Shooting Ground as Mark had never been there. Had a hour chatting then i decide to pop to a permission not that far away to see if any crows about. Drove passed the fields could see a good few crows on the stubble. :) Told Mark if dry tomorrow we would give them a go. Drove back home and weather not good so decided to show Mark some more of my permissions.

Did nothing all afternoon raining then about 8.30 it dried a bit,said to Mark we will pop up the road for a hour. Drove to my mates farm 300 yards away walked passed the barns to the field,said ain't walking any further stuck on the foxpro nothing for about 10 min then i spotted a pair of eyes,fox coming down the mountain side. Mark got down with my rifle but fox would not come to a safe shot to many sheep. :sad1:

Waited another 10 mins and another came down the mountain but again no shot :sad1: Wind was howling said lets go.

Got up this morning to go on the crows at 5.30 it was p-ing it down. Mark got up then about 6 it started to stop,so we decided to go at 6.15.

Drove to the farm 1/2 spin walked quick to the field set up the hides and out with the decoys.

The crows started to arrive just after 7 we both had some good shooting. Mark shot some good birds fair play as he does not do much shotgun shooting.

We had a laugh i can tell you as our hides where side by side.

We shot till 10 ish then could see rain heading our way up the valley so we decided to pack up. Picked up the dead on field but left about 10 stuck in hedge and over it. A double barbed fence and to far to walk around to gather them birds.

Mark beat his best day on crows with his dad some years ago of 33. :yahoo:

Picked up 109 in pic so with the 10 others 119. So another good mornings crow bashing. Crows shot mostly carrion think 4 jackdaws

Always enjoy Mark company a really good lad and great fun. ATVB Terry

post-40804-0-63681000-1382792028_thumb.jpg

Edited by eccles

Thanks lads :good: yes a good bit of sport. :good:

JDog i'm usually on my own shooting to,and talk to myself to. :lol: Still plenty of crows to shoot will be back locally soon won't be big bags though. :sad1:

Andy i see to much of Mark :lol: he might as well bloody move in. :lol: costing me a bomb in tea bags. Might get out later dry at the moment,will go foxing if it stays dry but its blowing a gale.

PC it is nice to shoot with a mate for a change,must say Mark is a good friend of ours now. Always look forward to his visits. :good:

Mark is now nodding in the other room :lol::lol: will wake up when he smells dinner no doubt :lol::lol: atvb Terry

Was a day that I will never ever forget!!It smashed my all time record and tbh as Terry said I don't do a lot of Crow Shooting so it was very memorable indeed!

Many many thanks to Terry who should change his name to the CrowMaster as he certainly knows his stuff in his field of Crow Bashing!

Thanks for all your kind comments!!

ATVB.

Thanks again lads. :good:

Jeff it was awful weather last night worse tonight :sad1: so its a night in.

Gar Marks auto is now run in :lol: but he's to slow reloading, :lol: for a hour they came in thick and fast. He really enjoyed himself had to warn him a few time at first to keep his head down in the hide or i was going to hit it with a big stick. :lol::lol::lol: atvb Terry

Cheers lads :good:

Gar i bought 1 to think i may have told you,tried it other night very good butt. Is raining and blowing a gale going to run out of tea bags soon the way Mark is drinking bloody tea. :lol:

Bob don't use flappers mate,to heavy,dear :lol: me being a tight you know what. :lol::lol: do use a floater if things are not going to plan,but only if there is some wind to give them movement.

Think my smallest bag this year 34 usually 50 up. I use the old plastic full never been painted,some new flocked full,and flocked shells. atvb Terry

Bit figgity is he Terry lol. Wanted to christen my new NM800 tonight but the weather aint the best and the forecast is for a lot worse to come :-( over next few days.

No I'm not figgety Gar he's just so perfect with this Crow Bashing malarkey!!

Was an Awesome few hours that I will never ever forget!!

Well Mark has just left for a drive home to South Wales. Weather is awful here this morning. :sad1:

We did not manage to get out to do any foxing or rabbit shooting last night none stop rain. :sad1:

Mark is great fun to be out shooting with,is now a good friend of the family,looking forward to his next visit. :good: atb Terry

• 3 weeks later...