410 for sporting

Ugb25

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) yep no glue needed hammy have u been to gatton bottom lately thinking of going next weekend

Got a nice beating a few weeks back at Court Farm but will be back. Both their shoots are quite good, excellent in fact save for when they throw going away pairs off manual arms. :|:lol:

I really enjoyed shooting it today and it didn't disappoint I thought 31x70 was ok as it was a normal sporting layout and high gun was 55x70 only 2 stands were a bit to much but with practice may be a 40x70 is possible you really do have to work at it though :)

• 4 weeks later...

I use Cheddite Drago 18gms size eight shot through my .410. Very good breaks at longer range too.

I use eley fourlongs, they break rats at short range, don't rate the 3 inch carts in my lightweight chimbo. The gun only weighs two pounds. Also use a 9mm flobert cartridge b/a garden gun for rats around buildings. I've shot a few crows and magpies with the fourten at twenty odd yards. If I want to shoot further I don't take the fourten.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest I own a 410 and I go sporting with it all the time it has a 3" chamber and will shoot all say long. But the only downside is that it is single barrel. The make is Turkish it's called yildiz. They are around £195

thats why you pay a little more and get double barrels, I own two yildiz, o/u and sxs, cracking little guns

yeah i enjoy shooting my huglu 410 and i also have the yildiz youth too for the nephews to use both o/u they are great fun on the clays i am just setting up to load my own cartridges too as it seems reloading in the smaller gauges is still worth while and cost effective

I think it's possible to shoot at least 50% with the 410 unfortunately I can't shoot for a while due to possible redundancy :( but in the last 3 months have enjoyed shooting the little huglu as have many other shooters who have mainly been pretty amazed at its performance