x trail

Davyo

Lovely and very quick...Turbos' are expensive when they go though, so let the engine idle for half a minute before switching off ..reason being as soon as you switch the engine off, it cuts the oil supply and the turbo is still wizzing round at a rate of knots..60,000 rpm or something..with no lubrication....Only thing I didn't like about mine was the speedo in the centre of the dash, but you get used to it..think the later models have changed the layout..mine was a 2004.

We've had two x-trails and can't recommend them highly enough.

First one was the 2.5 petrol, not the most frugal - but we put over 120,000 and it never missed a beat.

Now we have a 2.2 TD, nippy, easy to drive, great on the motorway and surprisingly capable at light off road.

Layout has now changed to something more logical.

I think value for money they are superb - typical Japanese run for ever things

Superb little 4x4. Only downside is they are only legal to tow a 750kg trailer (basically a box trailer) which is a shame as they are very capable.

Only had one problem with mine and that was the pedal box. When they go it puts the motor into limp mode. It's a very common fault and the new pedal box was about £350

Superb little 4x4. Only downside is they are only legal to tow a 750kg trailer (basically a box trailer) which is a shame as they are very capable.

Only had one problem with mine and that was the pedal box. When they go it puts the motor into limp mode. It's a very common fault and the new pedal box was about £350

It says on Parkers Review that it can tow 750kg unbraked and 2000kg braked.

My first xtrail did 100k with no turbo problems, only thing it needed was a new air flow meter and tyres,

It was serviced every 10k miles with GOOD quality oil

friend of mine bought one to tow a horse box which he does on a regular basis,

Ive had 2 and liked both.....

:shaun:

Whats aTekna, just googled it, thats too exp and new I would go for a 5d vit but cant find a goodun for 3g.Yust wanted to know if xtrail any good re reliability and off road to replace my 3dr grand vitara.Like my vit its going to get everything ripped out including the roof lining.So its gona get propper abuse like scraped down hedgerows, bonnet and roof walked on ect.I would kerp the vit but need more room for all the **** I have.

Edited by Davyo

Davyo

I dont think an x trail will suit what you're after

Its not a hardcore 4x4, it has no low box

It would be a shame to gut one as you plan on doing, Rav 4 probably no good either,

you are better looking for an older disco/vitara, something which will take the abuse you're planning to throw at it......shogun worth a look as well

:shaun: