Pinkfooted geese

Bonnie2011

Hello there, I'm looking to go shooting this weekend I would like to know if anyone knows where there are any pinks on the marshes, I'm in the southwest of England but I will travel anywhere. I am a member of the fendland wild fowlers association so d

If you're a member on Fenland, why not drive up and see what's about?

Driving up to go out and find them is easily said when local. The bloke got a minimum 8 hour round trip probably more depending on where in the south west he lives. Was a member of fenland me self up until this year and in terms of a club there brilliant unfortunately if you got to travel from the south west/west it's to hit or miss for what it cost especially if like me you only got a small budget. The solway is just as easy to get to it don't cost no more and it's less restrictive in teams of getting under them. If you want to get after um Bonnie if *** your best bet is to book a few days away cuz no one will give you much help in terms of weather anything flighting off or not if your looking to just travel up for a morning flight least with a few days away it gives you a chance to see what's about. Hope you get some luck in quest for um.

Do a web search on pink feet regular sites , then search the bird watching sites to see what is about at the present time and contact the local clubs , via BASC to find out if they do day tickets and with a lot of effort you could well find your way into some pink flighting.

There has been a group of chaps from Devon who have come up for a spot of 'fowling this week. They had no idea where the geese were (if there were any at all). They have found out for themselves what is around.

Trouble is, if i told people there was such and such ducks/geese on the marsh, then it could turn out that at some point the marsh gets crowded. It then makes it more difficult to obtain the spot i would like to have.It sounds selfish, but i pay my subscription for myself alone.

There has been a group of chaps from Devon who have come up for a spot of 'fowling this week. They had no idea where the geese were (if there were any at all). They have found out for themselves what is around.

Trouble is, if i told people there was such and such ducks/geese on the marsh, then it could turn out that at some point the marsh gets crowded. It then makes it more difficult to obtain the spot i would like to have.It sounds selfish, but i pay my subscription for myself alone.

:yes:

Amen to that!

last year late on in the season a few pinks were on fenland and using a certain way out well I had one or two of these no one new they were there , a friend from away rang me and said any info like a go at the geese so I told him more fool me , next morning several cars and I even had two fielders run past me down the sea wall to get to the place the geese were leaving . So sorry no info comes from me anymoreto friends from away and he never even went . There are one or two I will share my knowledge with and they do likewise .

last year late on in the season a few pinks were on fenland and using a certain way out well I had one or two of these no one new they were there , a friend from away rang me and said any info like a go at the geese so I told him more fool me , next morning several cars and I even had two fielders run past me down the sea wall to get to the place the geese were leaving . So sorry no info comes from me anymoreto friends from away and he never even went . There are one or two I will share my knowledge with and they do likewise .

How very true this is!!!

I don't nock anyone who puts there self out and I got total respect for anyone that works hard at the game. I don't come from a place that gets pinks so naturally the club doesn't get traveling guns like clubs that do get pinks so I can't say I've seen what it's like to be a local to um and see it where all of a sudden guns are running down the marsh to get to certain places. I no on some of the Gwa club ground once a few geese start to move there usually 8 to 9 guns and someone is usually 50 to 70 yards away but they have all paid there sub so they all got as much right as me to be there. Wildfowling is a secretive sport wich is one of there resons it's a dying sport unfortunately. I can understand why a local or any gun would not want to tell anyone bout where birds are what I don't get is when someone asks a question why some of the replies are a waste of time if your not going to help y replie maybe where I come from its a bit more black and white if I asked the old man if he had the impact driver I wouldn't want to hear why not walk over and see. I don't think anyone that wants it put in there lap deserves help but a genuine traveling fowler is only after a small bit of help not where what time and what direction do I look. Last year on the solway I asked a bloke weather a white post indicated the boundary the pricks replie was I've been doing it for 30 years I ain't telling you, the next guy who didn't really want me there understandble at least had the respect to just nod and say yeah. I just think if you don't want to help that's fine just don't replie if you do want to help then fair play.

Hello there, I'm looking to go shooting this weekend I would like to know if anyone knows where there are any pinks on the marshes, I'm in the southwest of England but I will travel anywhere. I am a member of the fendland wild fowlers association so d

Well chap, this year if your a new member you can book a flight with a guide on certain dates , think the next one is around the 20th of November if that helps and if your unlucky you'll get me!!!!!.lol

Hello there, I know people seem to come across a little rude with their replys to your question but in reality they are mainly nice blokes who put in a lot of time on their marsh and would'nt broadcast the geese's whereabouts on any forum but if you get to know a few of the chaps who live locally whilst you are out on the marsh and they take you in to their confidence and become friends, most will exchange numbers with you and you can then give them a call before your trip and they'll put you in with a chance of a flight, it might take a season to make a friend but it can last a lifetime!!

best wishes...Dale.