Meopta or Nikon scope?

Tiger955i

Hi All.

I am looking to get a new scope for my .243. At the moment it doesn't get a huge amount of use but this will be changing in the near future. It will be used for target, out to around 300yds ultimately deer but at no more than 100yds

I have a budget of around £550.00. I have been looking at the Meopta Meostar 6-18x50 and the Nikon Monarch 3, 6-18x50. The scope rings I have are 25mm so this will limit my options. I am siding with the Meopta as I have an old fixed mag one, 6x42, but I am not sure of the model,, on one of my air rifles and it is brilliant. If it was x8 it would be going on my .243.

What are your views on the above or can you recommend a better alternative?

I am sorry, I know this has been covered recently but I can't find the thread.

Many thanks in advance.

Jamie

ive owned 4 meoptas and 3 nikons, the meopta is superior glass in my opinion but the nikon is also perfectly adequate. if they are both the same sort of money id go with the meopta, although ive fairly recently sold a meopta 7x50 and replaced it with a nikon buckmaster 4.5-14x40sf. you also get a better choice of reticles on the nikon, i prefere mil-dot to the more traditional german type rets. both great scopes though.

Edited by bicykillgaz

I have bought and sold three Nikon's. I only ever bought one Meopta and I still have it.

The only downside with my Meopta is that the adjustment is 1cm per click.

As always it is a question of what you find suits your eyes, and as you already have one Meopta you know what to expect.

look at the Vortex 4-16x50 second focal plane! £500! or a 6-24x50 SFP at like £540! blows nikon and meopta out of the water. their up there with zeiss and s&b! they use the same glass as nightforce! but you dont pay for the name! plus a full lifetime VIP warranty! that covers accidental damage aswell!! cant go wrong!

Have a look here! http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/rifles/rifle-scopes-64.aspx

c

look at the Vortex 4-16x50 second focal plane! £500! or a 6-24x50 SFP at like £540! blows nikon and meopta out of the water. their up there with zeiss and s&b! they use the same glass as nightforce! but you dont pay for the name! plus a full lifetime VIP warranty! that covers accidental damage aswell!! cant go wrong!

Have a look here! http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/rifles/rifle-scopes-64.aspx

c

Yes that's why everybody is swapping their Schmidts and Zeiss for vortex and there should be lots of ex military sniper kit on the market soon when this guvmint realizes they can get such good kit and save a lot of cash.Not.

Yes that's why everybody is swapping their Schmidts and Zeiss for vortex and there should be lots of ex military sniper kit on the market soon when this guvmint realizes they can get such good kit and save a lot of cash.Not.

The write ups look great but How are they in low light?

Feedback appears to be American and not much I noticed re fieldwork?

If you werent being sarcastic you would be right on the money yes! lol

Lets face it police teams, maritime defence teams, and the army arent like us and do break alot of things! so they love the VIP warranty!

Have you ever looked through a Vortex? Probably not!

The write ups look great but How are they in low light?

Feedback appears to be American and not much I noticed re fieldwork?

Basically i have 2! A 4-16x50 FFP and a 1-4x24 for my AR. I had a Zeiss Victory 2.5-10x50 FFP (so a high end Zeiss) on my .17 before, same Objective size, and the Vortex is slightly better in low light in my eyes! that Zeiss was £1200 and frankly for your £1200 of hard earned cash you get a tube with a cross in it, with a flashy name on the side! Hardly any elevation or Windage adjustment, no illuminated reticule, no paralax adjustment!

The Vortex was £640 as its the FFP model! So jusdt over HALF the price, and you get, glass that is the same if not better! ballistic turrets, zero stop, illuminated reticule, side paralax and a TMR type reticule! oh yeh and a Unlimited VIP Lifetime Warranty, that covers you for anything! Product fault or accidental Damage!

callum