Best Guy To Review My Decoy Please-

Lg1

Hello guys,

Since I have had quite a lot of encouragement from fellow members and friends I have decided to make some of my decoys for sale, iv only ever handed these to a few good friends before so I have asked admin if I can give a set away for a Review... Feel like I'm putting my neck on the very public line here but I guess it's time to ask other people's opinions to see if they think iv done a good job or not...

Just a little note - I have not asked or been permitted to sell direct from PW, this is more of a informative post.

If anyone thinks there's a top guy on here who is well respected for a fair opinion I'd be great full if you could let me know who they are..

Cheers and I look forward to finally asking someone to Revew my work.

post-65419-0-32168600-1383420427_thumb.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really dont think you need anyone to test them to see if they will work or not as there is little doubt they are the most realistic decoy we have seen .

What they do need though is a good test of their durability , will the colours fade , will the material rot , if they get dirty can you bung them in the washing machine etc , thats the sort of thing I would like to know .

To find out this sort of stuff means someone is going to have to give them a good long term test and then they are going to give you a very honest opinion , because if you spend a fortune getting them onto the market and they turn out to be non durable then they will soon be history .

I do hope it goes well with them as I would be more than keen to get some once those questions are answered.

The Pigeon Controller from by Brum would be my vote, that guy definitely shoots a hell of a lot of them and would be in a good position to say what works and what doesn't .

May I suggest you send some to an air gun decoyer also as these guys don't just want to attract the birds they want them to land and to stick around long enough to be shot so this would make for a good test too. My recommendation here would be Phil Hardman who writes for airgun world !

ATB

Matt

Not the best time of year to be testing decoys right now

I dunno they will get the weather thrashing and a good coating of ****. Plenty of maize stubbles round here at the mo showing plenty of pigeon activity.

And the rape shooting is just around the corner.

Karpman

Thanks for all comments,

In regards to quality and longevity I can say they perform very well for a £3.90 product.

I have been shooting over these for 2 years and spent hundreds of hours researching the above questions,

You can indeed machine was these no problem but I would recomened hand washing when needed.

The only time I bunged them in the washer was if I got blood on them, if you leave it on then chances are it will leave some kind of stain.

The print process used is UV stable and for outdoor use, this said over time they will fade a little.

The item is self is really strong for what they are, again if you bung them in a bag with sharp objects then chances are they will pick up some kind of nick or maybe worse.

Iv put a lot of time in to these as it was a personal hobby, I wanted to be recognised for making a great product that ticks all the boxes.

Iv done the best to my ability but I'm sure they won't be for every one, most products have some kind of flaw but I guess I'll see what that is in several years to come. If at that point I could fix it I would. I personally know how these perform but felt its a little biase the maker giving every one the low down! Hence asking if a guy would like to try.

Costs them nothing but time I guess, fact is if they only last 2 minutes I would be very embarassed as I'm quite a proud guy.

Cheers

The only problem I can see from the outset for what looks like a fantastic product is you have to utilise full body deeks. But they will be plenty of folks out there that have and use these and probably a bit tatty.

What they like to fit and how long does it take? I have seen the hd decoys off that French fellow when he came shooting over here nice detail and worked well, he had a decent bag. Big bulky and easily damaged as there made from some form of expanding foam.

Will these work on heads down decoys also?

Karpman

Well I would be more than happy to try some for you , but as someone said you need a few people testing them to get a good general feedback , most of the decoys out there have their lovers and haters and one mans opinion is just that !!!

The only problem I can see from the outset for what looks like a fantastic product is you have to utilise full body deeks. But they will be plenty of folks out there that have and use these and probably a bit tatty.

What they like to fit and how long does it take? I have seen the hd decoys off that French fellow when he came shooting over here nice detail and worked well, he had a decent bag. Big bulky and easily damaged as there made from some form of expanding foam.

Will these work on heads down decoys also?

Karpman

I can see where the sock principle could easily be developed in the future to cater for shell decoys etc , it would just need making in a different shape

Well I would be more than happy to try some for you , but as someone said you need a few people testing them to get a good general feedback , most of the decoys out there have their lovers and haters and one mans opinion is just that !!!

I can see where the sock principle could easily be developed in the future to cater for shell decoys etc , it would just need making in a different shape

Yes of course but then they wouldn't look "right" which is how they came about in the first place and without out removing and refitting they wouldn't stack.

Trying to be objective is all. I said on a previous post let me know when they go on sale I'm having some.

Karpman

well done on your finished product Lg1 your hard work has paid off and the result looks very good.

i would agree with the others that pest controller or motty are the top men to test your product. motty is also able to video any possible results. pigeon controller has excellent resuslts using only dead birds so it would be interesting to see how your product compares.

either of the above guys have excellent pigeon/fieldcraft skills and i am sure could put your product to the test i would contact both of them.

regards

aga man.

edit; very good point made by salop sniper air rifle decoying would really test the realistic aspect of the decoy/sock.

Edited by aga man

Thanks again for all the positive posts and helpful comments, I fully understand that how the product lasts means a lot and I take it all onboard. still it's a great feeling that a lot of you think my work looks great...

#feelinghappy

I wonder if you could contact a full body shell manufacturer and get them super cheap without the colouring printed on as after all it wouldn't be needed, the. You could sell the sock with a full body. Just a thought. I don't get much time to decoy in my new job, but I would still buy these. Is that £3.90 to make, or what they would sell for?