Perazzi 12 gauge Grand italia

JABB

for me they are to bulky in the hands they also have the feel like an old DT10 when looking down the barells very wide at the action also they have leaf springs not coil springs in the trigger group although this is easy to remove just like a DT10 just drops out for easy cleaning/maintenance

Edited by RAMMER BURT

the perazzi is very similar to shoot as a renato gamba daytona but with a higher price tag,much better quality guns than browning or beretta but not my cup of tea

I think you could reasonably and successfully argue that a Perazzi isn't much better quality than a Beretta. It typically costs four times as much as a 682 or twice a DT10/11 but better it isn't.

Try before you buy if you can, when I got my first p gun it was slightly catching me on the cheek so a new stock was made.

There not to everyone's cup of tea but gun fit is as usual crucial as most would agree. The shotgun is only as good as the person squeezing the trigger :)

I've tried a few "quality" guns

Did ok with Perazzi's but the only one that felt like I couldn't miss with was a Krieghoff K80

Whether they are better built I don't know but it just felt right,

Shame really cos I can't afford one...lol

:shaun:

It isn't on GT, the one I am looking at.

It is with trade and has been reduced from £2500.

Looking at the bottom end of the upper end, what about these http://www.gunstar.co.uk/krieghoff-model-32-shotgun-for-sale-in-east-yorkshire/Shotguns/14194

Am I mad looking at bottom end upper end guns or should I just stick with a Beretta 682 gold e?

It isn't on GT, the one I am looking at.

It is with trade and has been reduced from £2500.

Looking at the bottom end of the upper end, what about these http://www.gunstar.co.uk/krieghoff-model-32-shotgun-for-sale-in-east-yorkshire/Shotguns/14194

Am I mad looking at bottom end upper end guns or should I just stick with a Beretta 682 gold e?

why are you changing your gun to start with?

The Browning doesn't fit. I have spent time with Coleys and with Carl Bloxham.

We decided it wasn't worth putting a lot of time and more money at the Browning. We would keep it standard, sell it and buy something which did fit.

The Beretta I tried at Coleys fitted well.

personally i think at the money you're looking at you'll get a really nice condition 682 gold e, or a rather old and possibly tired perazzi.

i think a bit will depend on how your mind works, if you're hankering after a perazzi now and buy the beretta, will you in 6 months wish you'd bought the perazzi ?

when i started i always had a hankering for a 'better' (usually more expensive) gun, found out the hard way that some times you get on better with a gun which

is perceived as a bit cheaper and 'not quite in the same league'.

i sold my sx3 flanigan to buy a benelli supersport, and guess what i've gone back to a sx3.

only you know how your mind works, and for me thats a big part of what i've ended up with in the cabinet

Scully - truly excellent, good looking gun. One look at the lugs on the side tell you the lock-up is made to last. One of the few guns that tempt me - just can't get a 32" trap in decent nick.

Perazzi, Kemen or Krieghoff don't float my boat. Proper guns, but way over priced.

Many thanks. I like the look of Perazzi guns but just can't afford one. I chanced upon the Daytona in a gun rack local to me and couldn't believe how well it came up to my shoulder. It was a bit more than I should have spent really but I wouldn't have slept if I'd left the shop without it. Tried it on the shops clay ground and missed the first pair completely! The extra long (for me) 32" barrels seemed weird initially but persevered and started connecting. I haven't dated it but it seems to have had little use, and is still quite stiff to open and close. Not only was I won over by its understated good looks, and despite considering myself to be no slouch with any of the 101's I've owned, I simply can't believe how well I shoot with this gun. Last weekend on our first syndicate day on the very first drive I had five birds dead in the air for 6 shots, including a left and right, and have dropped some pigeons and crows which thought they were well out of range. I really can't honestly see me ever parting with this gun.

I'm no good at posting links, but last time I was on Guntrader there were two Daytonas featured, one of which I think is a trap model. Can't recall barrel length.