265/50r20 - Mitsubishi Shogun wheel size

sye10

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Mitsubishi Shogun 2011 for off road purposes/shooting.

The car came with road tyres and for off road work they are almost useless, well in the winter. Anyway, I started looking for tyres to match the wheel from all the usual suspects, to no avail.

Has anyone on here came across this stupid wheel size for a off road vehicles - if it was a chelsea tractor I could understand, but it's a Mitshubishi Shogun??!! The obvious solution is to change the wheels but really don't want the expense.

Comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

I have a Shogun Sport & want to fit some 265/75/16 AT's or MT's - I've been watching out for for a set on Flea Bay but looks like I'll end up buying some new black steel wheels/tyres as a deal.

Hankook Dyna pro MT's are pretty good mate. I have found them as good as the BFG's and they aren't too noisy on road either. awesome for mud work but not being siped they aren't great on the road in standing water...

too true, I wouldn't pay the BFG prices so went to the next best thing. My mate bought some re-moulds and they started falling apart when being used on harder terrain. (i.e losing entire chunks of tread).

These are what I have:

http://tyresdirectuk.co.uk/shop/product-info.php?prodname=265/75R16-123/120Q-Hankook-Dynapro-MT-RT03-Tyres-&id=17002

£130 a corner new.

Thanks a lot for all your comments. This is the problem I keep getting though, in that my wheels are simply not suited to off road standard sizes. Now taking into account it's certainly not a Chelsea tractor, it amazes me really the choice of wheel size Mitsubishi have decided to put on these.

I hope they are listening...

Thanks a lot for all your comments. This is the problem I keep getting though, in that my wheels are simply not suited to off road standard sizes. Now taking into account it's certainly not a Chelsea tractor, it amazes me really the choice of wheel size Mitsubishi have decided to put on these.

I hope they are listening...

Yea, silly thing that they did that. I think some models of that age have 18inch wheels. (They are larger 4 pot calipers IIRC) Perhaps a set of 18 inch steelies may work? If so you can get 265/65/18 tyres fairly easily.

May need to check with someone who knows more that myself on this, but perhaps you would get away with using the gener grabbers in the 275/45/20 flavour.

The aspect ratio bit shouldn't be a issue it's just if you can get away with 275 instead of the 265. However if you could get away with it, they are £150 a corner. Otherwise like you say, not much offroading tyres in 20 inch really :-(