Pigeon shooting winter rape and roost shooting availible £30 herts

It was ploughed disced drilled within 2weeks of harvesting the wheat...I work on the farm opposite and have seen the birds also flares are getting put out on other fields depending on where shooting there are 4xlakes so also duck geese rabbits come spring geese will be on the rape also

• 1 month later...

people havent not had a reply, i was just a little p'edd off with some of the pms i got sent slating me for offering shooting up admitidly not so bad on this site but on bbs god forbid lol.

all i was trying to do was actaully help you guys the shooters out and the farmer.........and getting all up and going meeting the people i had no gain what so ever and to be shot down i was upset and thought sod everyone if this is how im going to be treated at the end of the day it had made no odds to me i dont even shoot pigeons for the farmer and happen to work on the opposite farm.

yes alot of people showed interest and due to me not actually having enough information (my own doing not going to lie) then trying to meet up with farmer when we both have our own comitments is not easy.

i also have no doubt farmer will also be on it next time i see him and perhaps can go from there,,,,,,,,,i did have numerous phone conversations with potentail people and came to conclusuion is going to be dificult to run considering i have be to work for 8am and the famer is gone before 7.30 and not home til gone 5

to which i will admitidly put my hands up and take some rap for it as perhaps these things should had been raised by me first, and for the vast majority people wanted weekend shooting that showed interest....now i dont mind helping people out but in terms of time it would take me over and hour there and back and with a person and probably |£5er in diesel but like said and discussed i will relay this back to the farmer

Hi Theo

Fair comment and totally understood.

Sometimes trying to help people out and making such a generous offer of a day out can lead you into just too much hastle. Not everyone on here truly understands the way of the country and how its still a great privelige to gain permission to shoot over someones land. This also means you dont always shoot lots but its still great to be out in the countryside watching the world go by!

I felt you were very brave in making the offer in the first place.

Hope it all works out for you.

to which i will admitidly put my hands up and take some rap for it as perhaps these things should had been raised by me first, and for the vast majority people wanted weekend shooting that showed interest....now i dont mind helping people out but in terms of time it would take me over and hour there and back and with a person and probably |£5er in diesel but like said and discussed i will relay this back to the farmer

Just read Theo's post, he has made a fair comment and totally understood!

Cheers

I had a nice long chat with Theo when he first placed the post/offer. His last paragraph pretty much explains what difficulties ensued.

Edited by blasterjudd

im not trying to make excuses etc etc but willl genuinely speak to farmer.

as with phonecall with mark and another amir there were so much pitfuls that hadnt been thought of.

at the end of the day he still wants the birds shot! he also does have a syndicate which is shotgun only and has 14guys on now i know this is up for renewel this month for these guys and i dont know exactly what he is going to do as may involve them being removed due to the job not being done.

Hi Theo

It can be difficult to arrange these days and I am glad to see there are still some people who will put themselves out to help other people.

I myself have been trying to get local permissions and know they are very difficult to come by in this area.

Hope your day goes well and the people appreciate the time you have spent on its arrangement.

If you do manage to arrange any local events please pm me as I would be interested in attending.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi Theo, 

Merry Christmas, I live in Sawbo and just came across your historic post. A cheeky ask I know! but if you know of any pigeon flighting / walked up shooting etc in the local area I’d be delighted if you’d ping me a quick email to stuartjohnnixon@hotmail.com, thanks from Stuart 

3 hours ago, Stuart00 said:

Hi Theo, 

Merry Christmas, I live in Sawbo and just came across your historic post. A cheeky ask I know! but if you know of any pigeon flighting / walked up shooting etc in the local area I’d be delighted if you’d ping me a quick email to stuartjohnnixon@hotmail.com, thanks from Stuart 

Got to admire your spirit!