Maxus Q?

wildfowler.250

Right, this might be hard to explain without a video but I'll give it a go..

I disassembled my maxus including the bolt and gave it a clean. Now, when I'm putting the bolt back in the gun it tells me,(a video on YouTube) that the long metal spike,(for want of a better word) should sit into a cup in the reciever. Now on the video, the chap compressed a black triangle on the reciever to get it to go back into this cup. My reciever doesn't seem to have this black triangle and it will sit in the cup but not compress when pushed..

The black triangle I'm talking about is at 4.25 in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-feed-c&v=2a-mgr6ZImo

Now I'm guessing the fact that I can't find this part isn't weird as I was careful to take the gun apart and there is a marking where the black triangle should be on the metal but I can't get the receiver to fit back into the gun properly which is a nightmare. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

That's the bolt assembly, I don't have that triangle either. Stand the stock on its butt, Just drop the bolt assembly into the receiver then you need to press the bolt release button to allow the bolt to drop down into the receiver that extra 10mm. Now you can put the bolt lever back on and pull the bolt right back to lock it into position.

Edited by Markio

If you have a 12g its different. When you put in the slider the tail should line up its self . Put the cocking lever back in and press the little silver button on the side of the action the allow it to slide back. Pull it right back so that it stays in place so that you can assemble the rest of your gun. Hope this helps.

That's the bolt assembly, I don't have that triangle either. Stand the stock on its butt, Just drop the bolt assembly into the receiver then you need to press the bolt release button to allow the bolt to drop down into the receiver that extra 10mm. Now you can put the bolt lever back on and pull the bolt right back to lock it into position.

+1on this info nice one fella, its a bit fiddly until you get used to it

Remove the two pins and the whole trigger unit drops out, its far easier with better access and the ability to see what your doing. Auto loaders need the action body (especially the slides) cleaning as part of regular maintenance. If you don't keep the clean they will wear and lead to jamming as the bolt pivots in the extra clearances it will over time carve itself (especially with a wildfowling gun). Once you have cleaned and lightly re-lubed the action body re-fit the bolt then the trigger unit.

Cheers for the replies guys :good: I'll give that a go when I get home and let you know how it goes. Didn't realise you had to press the button on the right hand side to get it in but that would make sense.

I'll give that a go kent. Should really clean inside the trigger but it's always a worry I wont get it back together..

Thanks again guys!

Cheers for the replies guys :good: I'll give that a go when I get home and let you know how it goes. Didn't realise you had to press the button on the right hand side to get it in but that would make sense.

I'll give that a go kent. Should really clean inside the trigger but it's always a worry I wont get it back together..

Thanks again guys!

Yeah I literally run mine under a tap to clear any salt laden dirt set aside to drain and re-oil. This might sound extreme to a pigeon shooter but real wildfowling gets dirty. The unit drops out in one, don't disassemble further if you don't have a problem