Ward D Vision

barney 66

I know this has been talked about a lot and advice not to deal with nv scopes but I am after NV and have been on about it for a couple of years now, but I cant justify £1000s so a digital seems to be the best option.

I like the look of the ward d vision and the write ups I have seen by people that have them look good, but I would love to see one first ahs antone near Shropshire got one that would let me have a look through it please ? or has anyone got any particular good or bad experiences, I dont think the chances of a trial one are very good but might ask the question with Clive,

Thanks for looking

barney

I'd really look at going for a home build.

The concept is simple, and putting stuff together doesn't need to be a nightmare as a few of the guys here have done the legwork.

I'm still waiting on parts but I'm quite confident that for less than £150-£200 I'm going to have a very useable rig for up to 75-100m rimfire shooting.

I'd really look at going for a home build.

The concept is simple, and putting stuff together doesn't need to be a nightmare as a few of the guys here have done the legwork.

I'm still waiting on parts but I'm quite confident that for less than £150-£200 I'm going to have a very useable rig for up to 75-100m rimfire shooting.

Thanks for the reply, but don't want the hassle plus I have seen some homebuilds, not knocking them but some end up to big where Clives is nice and compact and I have read of people getting out to 200yds with it + it will have 12 months warranty,

Thanks barney

Hmm, have you seen the pictures of mine? I can't say what camera I'm using (but others which will allow you to see out to 200 yard are readily avaliable) but mine is a mere 25mm longer than the wardy, is through the scope and incorporates a 0% ~ 100% on board dimming system for the IR light.

Home made doesn't have to use scope mounted screens and be bulky.

Oh, and I can see out to over 500 yards on 12 times mag and around 350 on 20 times, clear enough to ID a rabbit at those ranges and make out the shape.

Mind you, it took several iterations before I refined it to that point.

I think, for the money though, you'd be hard pressed to beat the photon, Clive is not exactly renowned for his great customer service, let's be honest, if you get s reply from him at all you're doing better than the other 90%...

Hmm, have you seen the pictures of mine? I can't say what camera I'm using (but others which will allow you to see out to 200 yard are readily avaliable) but mine is a mere 25mm longer than the wardy, is through the scope and incorporates a 0% ~ 100% on board dimming system for the IR light.

Home made doesn't have to use scope mounted screens and be bulky.

Oh, and I can see out to over 500 yards on 12 times mag and around 350 on 20 times, clear enough to ID a rabbit at those ranges and make out the shape.

Mind you, it took several iterations before I refined it to that point.

I think, for the money though, you'd be hard pressed to beat the photon, Clive is not exactly renowned for his great customer service, let's be honest, if you get s reply from him at all you're doing better than the other 90%...

Thanks again for the reply, but I am not saying that all home made is no good but anyone thats made anything good like you obviously have do not want to give out any details,

I dont have the knowledge or want to spend the time making one that doesn,t work well enough, but given a shopping list would be more than capable of putting it together but thats not always fair to those who have put the effort in.

Without sounding rude or being nosey is there a reason you wont say what camera you use, please dont take this the wrong way I am curious thats all, if its something you sell I dont blame you, but if it is I could be interested if thats what you do.

I haven,t seen any footage on yours no but would love to see some if you can put a link up or pm me or something I woud be very interested.

Like I said please dont take these questions the wrong way I am just interested thats all and mean no offence,

Thanks for looking,

barney

Thanks again for the reply, but I am not saying that all home made is no good but anyone thats made anything good like you obviously have do not want to give out any details,

I dont have the knowledge or want to spend the time making one that doesn,t work well enough, but given a shopping list would be more than capable of putting it together but thats not always fair to those who have put the effort in.

Without sounding rude or being nosey is there a reason you wont say what camera you use, please dont take this the wrong way I am curious thats all, if its something you sell I dont blame you, but if it is I could be interested if thats what you do.

I haven,t seen any footage on yours no but would love to see some if you can put a link up or pm me or something I woud be very interested.

Like I said please dont take these questions the wrong way I am just interested thats all and mean no offence,

Thanks for looking,

barney

Simply because, when I have sorted the manufacturing to a standard I'm happy with, I am considering making a few to sell. Its also taken a long while to track down the correct camera to use and fine tune the dimmer system and other things that go into it. I just want to keep that all close to my chest for now. There is some footage of mk1. And mk.2 on here, mk.3 is currently being assembled complete with a new, easy to use push pull aspheric IR thrower with a lens closer in size to the nm800 than the t20, the IR that's going in should better the builds available at the moment.

You can find the footage in the DIY section. I think I titled it 'More DIY nightvision' or summat similar.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/263085-more-diy-night-vision/

Edited by mick miller

Simply because, when I have sorted the manufacturing to a standard I'm happy with, I am considering making a few to sell. Its also taken a long while to track down the correct camera to use and fine tune the dimmer system and other things that go into it. I just want to keep that all close to my chest for now. There is some footage of mk1. And mk.2 on here, mk.3 is currently being assembled complete with a new, easy to use push pull aspheric IR thrower with a lens closer in size to the nm800 than the t20, the IR that's going in should better the builds available at the moment.

You can find the footage in the DIY section. I think I titled it 'More DIY nightvision' or summat similar.http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/263085-more-diy-night-vision/

Very impressive, if I dont get sorted soon or you have one to sell soon, in fact if it was soon I would wait if you would be willing to sell me one