Post a picture of your gun!

Peter_HMR

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A modest lot, but growing...

A Webley Vulcan, soon to have a Theoban conversion.

An AL 391 in black synthetic (sadly going to another good home shortly)

My trusty s686 Special

gunsfw9.jpg

Can i ask why the 391 is going?

I ask because i am in the notion of getting one,did you have any problems with it?

They really are a nice looking weapon. :oops:

post-3597-1171304220.jpgThe old BSA sbs I recently purchased...............lovely old gun, but I 'aint fired it yet! :oops: , hopefully it'll be fine and shoot as nice as it looks.

Can i ask how much you purchased that gun for? i was given one exactly the same as yours, but have no idea how much it is worth.

cheers tom

sorry about the size boys cant descale it :good:

DSC00057.jpg

grants gun...(bunnybasher)

DSC00024.jpg

his shotgun aya 12 bore

18082007564.jpg

my gun :oops: hornet .22

3472406539a6394868153l.jpg

shotguns all 12 bores mines is the top

s200.jpg

gavs gun (brother) with as i call it.. the big f'''king scope :oops: and the rat dispatcher

Lew

Well here is my somewhat modest gun collection, but going for the "beware of the man with only 1 gun...." thing. I bought this Browning 525 about 2 or 3 weeks ago and am using it at every available opportunity. I also have an old Webley air rifle, but this is in my dads cabinet as he gets more use from it.

post-10125-1199300738.jpg

Do they still keep any 7.62 SLR's in the armory? Or have they got rid of them completely by now?

The old L1A1's. none in are armory, a couple on the officers mess walls.

i realy liked the old l1a1 FN or in Canada known as the c1a1 7.62mm now that packed a punch, just like the other fella said it is the same here in Canada a few on the mess wall or in the museum but are completley replaced in Canadian service kind of a shame

Do they still keep any 7.62 SLR's in the armory? Or have they got rid of them completely by now?

i realy liked the old l1a1 FN or in Canada known as the c1a1 7.62mm now that packed a punch, just like the other fella said it is the same here in Canada a few on the mess wall or in the museum but are completley replaced in Canadian service kind of a shame

Yeah, I remember my grandfather telling me how the Marines held on to their M14's for dear life when the M16's first came into service. Hey Banditboy, how do those SA80's shoot?

winchester where did u get that info from. dads just got back from afghanistan( thank god he didnt fire at anyone, or get fired at), but they used the ranges alot, and were firing 100+ in relatively quick sucession, and they had no problems what so ever.

the americas just want more power.5.56 is by far enough power. the sa80 is a good rifle, you do get the odd stoppage but if u keep it clean its fine.most problems are fixed with a simple forward assist, just keep mud away from the working parts. i get a 40/50mm grouping from 5 rounds from 300 yards (open sights). i would like to have ago of the M14 A1 rifle and the M60 :/. both 7.62mm.

Flash what regiment is your dad in?

the americas just want more power.5.56 is by far enough power. the sa80 is a good rifle, you do get the odd stoppage but if u keep it clean its fine.most problems are fixed with a simple forward assist, just keep mud away from the working parts. i get a 40/50mm grouping from 5 rounds from 300 yards (open sights). i would like to have ago of the M14 A1 rifle and the M60 :/. both 7.62mm.

The U.S military isn't dropping the 5.56 anytime soon, that much I can promise you. They have too much invested into it and it wouldn't be worth the cost IMHO. Even though it's the in thing these days to bash the M16/M4, most Iraq vets( Marines and 101st Airborne)that i've talked to really love it. They've said as long as you keep it reasonably clean, it'll treat you right. But I have heard a few complaints from guys who carried the M4 about a lack of stopping power at long range due to the shorter barrel and reduced muzzle velocity.

Yeah, I remember my grandfather telling me how the Marines held on to their M14's for dear life when the M16's first came into service. Hey Banditboy, how do those SA80's shoot?

I was also talking to a old fella here about a year ago at the legion on rememberance day he was in the Royal Australian Regiment in Vietnam and claimed that they were very fortunate to have there FN A1A1 7.62mm and he also said they got m16's of the yanks and used them as a replacement for the sterling 9mm smg, 5.56 just doesnt have sufficient penetration especially when shooting at a enemy who is behind cover, 7.62mm will go through the tree and your coconut :/

dads in the RAF, wing commander. out there he managed to shoot the minimi, GPMG, LSW, sa80 and ofcourse the bain of the british forces, the browning high power. ive shot both the sa80 A1 and A2, the cadet GP(shocking gun), an M16 on an american range in germany. i much prefer the sa80 to fire, due to being bullpup the barrels is longer, although the overall length is less.

dads in the RAF, wing commander. out there he managed to shoot the minimi, GPMG, LSW, sa80 and ofcourse the bain of the british forces, the browning high power. ive shot both the sa80 A1 and A2, the cadet GP(shocking gun), an M16 on an american range in germany. i much prefer the sa80 to fire, due to being bullpup the barrels is longer, although the overall length is less.

that is to funny the british still use the browning hipower so does the Canadian Army and yes we want a replacement we are very slowley getting sig sauer pistols, i imagine the ones you guys have are the jinglis Canadian made browning hi powers as Canada made them for Commonwealth Forces during ww2 and yes it looks like we are still using them :/