Drink Driving Pillock

Danoi99

I agree with luckyshots comment a mate you can do without broadcasting on the net!!!!!! I BET HE HAS NOT GOT A CLUE YOUVE DONE THIS !

Yes he does! He doesn't care a hoot. As I said before though, I have mentioned no names, so what does it matter?

I wished I had started with the line " I know of a bloke who......." instead of saying mate!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also know people who have lost driving licences because of DD (one was driving home after a shoot and pulled over with guns in the car).

Both cases got to keep their guns.

I suspect with a decent solicitor you'd have no problems keeping the guns, and if you pay enough you might even keep your licence.........

Edited by apache

As for your last sentence.............does it really take a quadruple Talisker?

I thought about that, I was only attempting to reset my smashed body clock after what has been a hectic 82 hour week at work. Talisker is way too nice for gulping like that.........so I toned it down a tad with a triple Bushmills instead.

It aint got the whack of the Talisker though, even Robert Louis Stephenson said it was "The King'O Drinks" 45.8% is a cracking night cap.

Mind you, Tramadol and Bushmills is a close second (joke guys).

Night all.

Lets get this right guys, there are some of you who are making out that I am not a good friend to this person. Get real, I didn't name him did I ?

I have been loyal friend for many years now, the same can't be said for my mate. He has stitched me up many times, ripped me off many times, offended me many times.....he is one of the most arrogant & selfish blokes that I know. He actually treats me like **** most of the time, so I use the term "mate" lightly.

And yet, I help him when he needs it most, I buy nice presents for his kids on their birthdays and xmas. I am a good friend.

He is a short tempered, irresponsible, drink driving pillock who deserves to loose his SGC. Anyone who thinks I should throw him a life line by putting his guns on my cert is also a pillock. You are all very brave when it comes to slagging people off on-line. I question your logic when you say things like "who needs friends like you ....blah blah blah" You would be lucky to have a mate like me.

Would you jump to his defence if he had killed an innocent person? or a child? some poor soul meeting an early grave cuz some **** decided that it would be O.K to drive a huge van, through dark country lanes, during one of the worst storms in recent years......having drank 4 pints of Guinness !!!..........yes folks, by his own admission 4 pints (knowing him it was probably 6). He smashed up 2 cars and it was pure luck that nobody got injured. (I wonder if they found it hard getting to work the following day?)

I haven't turned my back on him. And I have said to his face far worse than I have typed here.........and he has been stuffing the humble pie quite well. Don't get me wrong, I won't enjoy seeing him struggle with his work etc as loosing his driving licence is going to cripple him. But when you have a business, a family, a mortgage to pay, and 2 shotguns in the van.....don't drink and drive. Just don't do it ever.

My mate was killed by a drink driver in Spain, he was missing for days and when the police found his body it was down in a gully, and he had obviously been trying to clamber out of the wreckage before he died, he had a broken back, he was 26 years old. His name was Nathan and we all miss him a great deal. Drink drivers........no friends of mine!

For everybody with a brain: Thanks for your comments.

For all the pillocks: F.R.O

I'm now going to enjoy a quadruple Talisker in the safety of my own home........will be driving something into my wife in a bit, but it won't be a van !!!!! goodnight all.

Quality!!

I've been to loads of collisions through drink driving, the penalties need to be harsher in my opinion.

No time for the drivers themselves, unfortunately because they're always p*ssed and floppy they seem to always walk away unscathed leaving death and destruction in their wake.

No justice eh.

I beat twice a week at two different shoots, Every time I am amazed at how much booze is consumed. this week at a bloke got a 1.5 litre bottle of gin and two bottles of champagne out of his motor. at both shoots the guns have a drink after each drive, then go for a meal, they`ve got to be over the limit, it`s just a matter of time before some one points the police in the right direction.

strange how he only became worried about his cert once he was caught and not while he was throwing it down his neck.the drink driving laws have been around for long enough so if he did have his sgc revoked it would be nobody's fault but his.also as he managed to hit two other cars which could have had people in them he showed no concern for anyone.in my opinion drink driving is one of the worst.

strange how he only became worried about his cert once he was caught and not while he was throwing it down his neck.the drink driving laws have been around for long enough so if he did have his sgc revoked it would be nobody's fault but his.also as he managed to hit two other cars which could have had people in them he showed no concern for anyone.in my opinion drink driving is one of the worst.

He hit a car coming in the other direction, then yanked the wheel over and lost control, then hit a parked car. He has asked me again today: Would I have his guns on my cert? I only have a small cabinet which luckily hasn't got enough space left for any more guns. I say luckily cuz it just saves me having to say no.

I don't like to fall out with people cuz life is too short............it's just a shame that so many lives are cut short by pillocks who drink and drive!!!!

As for malantone's comment #66, The sloe gin swilling brigade need to watch out before they bring us all into disrepute! Guns and Booze should not be mixed!

I shoot with a bloke that had a few years of regular weekend outings with recreational substances, not a junkie, just liked dancing all night making stupid faces (and he DID look stupid).

He just stopped shooting, still came every now and again to show his face and when we had work parties over the club, just didn't shoot much.

Asked him why he wasn't about much, he just said, "I'm having fun taking drugs, and Guns and drugs don't mix, so better I don't shoot for a bit".

Got it out of his system, and now shoots with us often. Spot on, if you want to get a drink or whatever, don't shoot and don't drive.

I beat twice a week at two different shoots, Every time I am amazed at how much booze is consumed. this week at a bloke got a 1.5 litre bottle of gin and two bottles of champagne out of his motor. at both shoots the guns have a drink after each drive, then go for a meal, they`ve got to be over the limit, it`s just a matter of time before some one points the police in the right direction.

I to used to go beating that was 40 years ago and I witnessed similar behaviour it was one of the reasons I gave it up another was after lunch there always seemed to be at least one instance of a gun being pointed in the direction of the beaters as they came to the end of a drive and a low bird got up at the last minute.strangely enough most of those guns were local business owners you know the upstanding members of the community that were allowed to sign your application and renewals.its a funny old world.

I say most because there were a few decent people who excercised common sense.

People dont realise the drink drive laws were written when most ale, and that was what was drunk, were 3.5%.

Modern lager is over 5-5.5%.

One pint can pop u over.

I know I have said it's not easy to blow over on two pints but it is certinaly possibly and time and food intake play their part let alone physical make up..

Regardless of all that there is section 4 of the act that says if you are unfit to drive, regardless of what you blow on the machine, a Dr says you've had too much, it may be half a pint of shandy but if your teetotal or on meds then you may be galloping up diarrhea drive without a saddle.

Careful in the Xmas period.

Re the chap who got caught, if you have no room in your save then you have no room. Stay polite but why put yourself out if he's an ****?

Anyone who drinks and drives is a selfish bell end and deserves everything the courts can throw at them.

My missus was knocked down by some ******** who was 4 times the limit some years ago and the first thing they tried to do was run away. Luckily he was jumped upon and received a miserable 3 months inside.

No there's no excuse it's just addiction and selfishness from people who have a complete disregard for the Law and how their behaviour affects other people.

Well said that man !!

I beat twice a week at two different shoots, Every time I am amazed at how much booze is consumed. this week at a bloke got a 1.5 litre bottle of gin and two bottles of champagne out of his motor. at both shoots the guns have a drink after each drive, then go for a meal, they`ve got to be over the limit, .

what will take for YOU to 'point he police in the right direction'?

AFTER he's had a head on with a car?...woukd that be the limit point?

Try living with that one.

F.

People dont realise the drink drive laws were written when most ale, and that was what was drunk, were 3.5%.

Modern lager is over 5-5.5%.

One pint can pop u over.

I know I have said it's not easy to blow over on two pints but it is certinaly possibly and time and food intake play their part let alone physical make up..

Regardless of all that there is section 4 of the act that says if you are unfit to drive, regardless of what you blow on the machine, a Dr says you've had too much, it may be half a pint of shandy but if your teetotal or on meds then you may be galloping up diarrhea drive without a saddle.

Careful in the Xmas period.

Re the chap who got caught, if you have no room in your save then you have no room. Stay polite but why put yourself out if he's an ****?

what does he think you are going to be at his beckoning to take him shooting whenever he wants he will more likely keep his cert and lets hope the **** has learnt a lesson from this .