eley vip

durry

Guest cookoff013

listen guys,

your dealer is the guy to go too. if they are peddling duff carts, then use your consumer rights.

if the dealer is having alot of hassle with XYZ brands he will drop them.

let your money do the talking, complain officially, buy different product... tell your dealer you dont want xyz. because it is poor.

eley are not the only shells in town.

same goes for any manufacturer, if they sell duff stuff, tell the dealer not to order it again. he might not listen to you. but he`ll listen if you go elsewhere.

I contacted eley again and arfter the forth email and using the word! dangerous! I got a reply within 30 mins and got an apology and a voucher for 100. 32 vip fiber I wasn't arfter a freebie just some sort of response but a hundred free shots will do and when I miss I can blame eley ;-) lol

Guest rimotu66

Ive just started using these same ones with fibre wads, no problem yet but I will open the boxes I have left and have a look, at £70 a slab they should be better then your experience, apart from that you have given me another excuse for my **** shooting :lol:

mainly have used eleys firsts or blue cartridges when clay smashing and have had far too many misfires with them, sent me gun too me gunsmith who checked over all parts with in the action and reported nothing was wrong. so now having changed over to the express range i have never had a problem since. even use there clay loads on pigeons and crows after changing chokes to 1/2 and 3/4.

have found Eley's very poor in QC over the years

most common is shot bulges that are big enough to make chambering difficult

never had actual cartridges missing from the box, would have though that was very easy to pick up before packaing

complain complain complain

only way they ever find out and do anything

dealers wont do it for you.....if it cost them a box of cartridges to please you and keep you coming in then they will do that first

sit down and write an email or a letter? don;t see it happening

you have email and photos.

if they want the evidence then they can arrange a dealer to ship it

email direct

good use of the word "dangerous"!!

I sent an email saying thanks for the offer of free cartridges but I wosent arfter a freebie I wos just letting them know about a bad batch and I wos disappointed in there customer service and I got stern and pretty much rude email back . I have never come across a company so far up there own ####

I bought a slab of Eley HB Pigeon about a couple of years only to find loose shot in the box. There were two inner boxes of 25 where the carts had poor / non existent crimps.

So, I wrote a letter to Eley with photographs of the failed crimps and serial batch numbers on the outer case and boxes. I heard not a thing - diddlysquat in fact.

I telephoned Eley Hawk at least three times and they couldn't even be bothered to answer the telephone.

I took the slab back to my RFD and exchanged them for a slab of Hull cartridges and have continued to buy them ever since in preference to Eley.

Other RFD's I speak with all tell me how **** useless Eley are to deal with.

The moral of the tale is, if you have a problem with a company and you don't get the service you are looking for jump with your feet, someone else will be glad of your business. :yes::yes:

Just opened another box only to find more half filled or badly crimped ends so sent a very pleasant email and got a rubbish response ! ! ! !

Wot useless company is it dangerous to shoot carts with these problems ?

Just opened another box only to find more half filled or badly crimped ends so sent a very pleasant email and got a rubbish response ! ! ! !

• 1 month later...

I used to Love the Eley VIP,s in the green and gold cases. The new black case version or re vamped VIP,s are rubbish. Gone back to

RC Sipe. years ago had problems with some Eleys with carts missing out the boxes. they sent me a voucher for a 100 free carts at any Eley dealer. Eley has been bought out by a Spanish company now a few years back all I hear is poor quality and customer service

from many. In my experience if you want rubbish customer service in the shooting world try BROWNING.

have found Eley's very poor in QC over the years

most common is shot bulges that are big enough to make chambering difficult

never had actual cartridges missing from the box, would have though that was very easy to pick up before packaing

Shot bulges.

This can happen if the Proofer/Supervisor/Setter notice that the shot weight is down and add more shot via the adjustable shot slide, without checking in the proof guage, or without hitting the wad harder to accommodate the extra couple of shot that may deform the case.

Cartridges missing from the box.

This can happen if the shot bulges the case stopping the cartridge rolling down the track and into an automatic packer, If the operator is running two machines then this can happen as one unattended machine could produce up to one hundred and sixty cartridges per minute!!

This is the risk that the manufacture takes.

Edited by Paladin

Been using Eley on and off all of my shooting life, about 50 years. In that time I have only had 3 Trapshooting 7s fail to fire, all from the same box. Box was immediately replaced by the dealer when I returned it and the half a dozen or so cartridges left in it. I suppose I must have used 20-25,000 in that time.

Eley used to be legendary for cust service, sad to hear that this is no longer the case. However the correct channel for a complaint is the dealer that sold you the products.

A

One of the club members fired an Eley First that had no shot in it. Forgot to check the barrels were clear reloaded and fired! The barrel split at the end, luckily no one was hurt! (think wad had stuck in barrel??)

Eley didn't want to know and said that it was the shooters fault for not checking the barrels were clear!

( we averaged 1-2 empty shells per 250 on the last order)