Electric fence........."tazer"

Darno

This happened a few weeks ago, but I forgot to post it up here.

Was out lamping the other night and having a pretty good evening. It was a bit wet so I didn't want to lay down and use the bipod, so was resting on gates and fence posts.

I had to bend down to rest on this one post and I reached my arm around the wire(carefully as I didn't know if it was on) to hold the fore end steady. Pulled the trigger....pop a nice headshot. Came off the post and forgot all about the wire.............felt a strange tingly feeling and then the next thing I know I'm on my back lying in a cow pat!

My mate with the lamp p*****g himself laughing and to add insult to injury I put my hand in another cow pat trying to get up!

Just thought I'd share as my mate obviously found it funny, I thought some of you twisted lot might!

Edited by Darno

I had similar as a teenager, sat waiting for bunnies to come out. I eventually gave up and as I stood up the barrel of my air rifle stuck to the wire like a magnet! Without thinking, I got it under my arm pit for more leverage to pull it free - scopes and their mounts are metal too though unfortunately!

The shock came and I was briefly frozen! I let out a kind of croak/scream as my whole body tensed involuntarily but couldn't do anything else, luckily it comes in pulses with electric fences and I was soon released but I must admit it shook me up a bit.

Tip for testing them though; get a blade of grass, a fairly long bit (4-5") hold one end and touch the other on the wire, gradually slide it forwards so your fingers are getting closer. The grass acts as a resistor and you'll feel a faint pulsing if it's on, before your fingers touch the wire. Take your time obviously.

You get used to them if you keep animals, our pony field is all electric and our pig field.

One word of advise don't pee up against the hedge in the dark. It can give a tingly feeling where normally you would want one. To be honest it feels like the worst, best pain you can get, and will feel like you have been zapped by the police on the knob, you will drop and not recover for a long time.

While still in the Army the guy behind me in a night march said I'm just going for a pee be crack in a second felt him get up next I hear is a strangled scream and wimper

Yes he'd managed to pee in an electric fence after we all finished laughing at him he got no sympathy. Lead scout then walked into it as well where it had dog legged around the ditch line.

i have been hit a few times over the years some real good un's... i got a new 270 lf lamp and was out trying it i went to go under the barb wire and did not see the electric fence underneath it zapped my arm and made me jump i managed to put a 5 inch gash on the front filter of my brand new lamp on the barb wire.. :no: i rang the company and told them it had arrived in this state and got a new one :lol::lol:

the worse one was out ferreting it was a mega think wire not like the small thin ones... i ducked down to remove a net from a hole thinking it was just a wire fence how wrong could i be it was the biggest jolt i have had it felt like a punch to the back of my head and left me with a mega headache ... i now go nowhere near them full stop

I was beckonned to come into a donkey paddock to meet a landowner (who later gave me perm to shoot her land too) whilst shooting next doors land.

as I stretched over the electric fence my thin trousers didn't stand up to it muchand I got a shock RIGHT where i didn't want it! screamed like a girl...

What a way to introduce myself to a new landowner!

I remember working on a farm that kept loads of horses.

Had a young apprentice who could thought he knew it all.

Any way we were working next to the electric fence, and close to the voltage generator. As you all know (hopefully) the wire gets electrically painful in pulses. Being close to the generator I could hear it discharging/pulsating.

If you timed it right you could grab the wire and not get a belt.

Did this a few times, or enough times to convince the apprentice that the fence was switched off.

He proved me wrong, silly sod grabbed the wire with both hands. You can imagine the rest.

Edited by _martin_

mains electric powered one on one of my perms never on at night as horses all stabled,, i just normally step over did this one night the bloody thing was on i got it right on the mating parts ...that really hurt i had tears in my eyes for 20 mins...some digital pulsed unit very very pokey..felt like 240 volts for a split second

My first run-in with one was when I was a young squadie. I stepped over one, but my foot slipped in the mud and my 'nads got the jolt. I screamed, went flying and ended up in 8" of pig poo. I'd managed to drop my rifle in the process, which was still resting on the wire,,,,,, can you see where this is going? :/ Yup, I got it a second time. Hate the things now.