Induction Hobs

station

I have a De Dietrich, nearly 10 years old and that is AMAZIN. I think every manufacturer does them now, better than gas or ceramic hob by a mile.

I would suggest you take our an insurance as they break nearly as easy as a iPad / iPhone screen and the replacement cost is 80-90% of the new price for the whole hob. I've smashed 3 over the years.

I have a De Dietrich, nearly 10 years old and that is AMAZIN. I think every manufacturer does them now, better than gas or ceramic hob by a mile.

I would suggest you take our an insurance as they break nearly as easy as a iPad / iPhone screen and the replacement cost is 80-90% of the new price for the whole hob. I've smashed 3 over the years.

And they are better because???? Ive never quite managed to smash my gas hob EVER ;-)

The cheapest way to boil a pan of water and incredibly fast and controllable. What's more dead safe there is only residual heat from the hot pan on the hob surface. Brand? well its common technology so I suggest buying a well known brand like from the BSH group Neff, bosh,seimens, gaganau. etc. Melie are great but outside of wet goods and hoovers its mainly bought in and badged up.

remember you need different pans stainless with a magnetic core in the base are the best. Non magnetic wont work full stop

Neff are a good brand but the average life of an induction hob is 7 years and how the hell anyone breaks one is beyond me ??? Their toughened glass .www.miele.co.uk/hobs/

You get what you pay for

Quality does normally equate to cost so we don't mind spending a bit more.

Cheers.

The cheapest way to boil a pan of water and incredibly fast and controllable. What's more dead safe there is only residual heat from the hot pan on the hob surface. Brand? well its common technology so I suggest buying a well known brand like from the BSH group Neff, bosh,seimens, gaganau. etc. Melie are great but outside of wet goods and hoovers its mainly bought in and badged up.

remember you need different pans stainless with a magnetic core in the base are the best. Non magnetic wont work full stop

I've read the stats for performance / economy and they are impressive.

As for pans - we are ok on that front thanks.

ATB

Had one for a number of years now, convenience of gas with none of the associated problems (like blowing the house up). Started when we bought a 4 ring unit cheap at a car boot sale after 2 hobs on the stove went for a burton and the glass topped unit was being sold for a fiver.

Since then we have bought a couple of refurbished units that have been passed on to members of the family when their cookers broke and we fancied an upgrade. Now we have a Hotpoint dual oven stand alone (ie not built in) with 4 hobs on the top. Reliable as anything and still going strong after 5 years (and this was a refurbished one we got to see if we liked it before buying a nice shiny new one, oh well).

Edited by secretagentmole

Well put Kent, we too have found our induction hob brilliant.

I have a Siemens Induction hob - 4 yrs old now and never missed a beat - Only gripe I have is finger touch controls - If I have to buy a new one I will try to get one with knob control. - All our Meyer Circulon pans were scrap as they didn't work so had to buy new pans - Do not buy cheap ones from anywhere - Buy Circulon induction pans - - Even a grill pan cost me 90 quid but have to say it has been worth every quid.

Mate on gas even went to Induction and he is tight as ducks ***.

Dave

And they are better because???? Ive never quite managed to smash my gas hob EVER ;-)

Blooming heck, handbags out.

A vodka bottle and 2 heavy mugs don't go well with a sheet of glass. Having done gas, electric and induction I think it's the best, simple as that.

They are great but I hate the touch control part as never seem to work for me unless I threaten to smash it

now now ,chimp old bean you are turning into burnley Dave , threatening to smash inanimate objects up ha ha,

Joking aside,the touch controls are a bit annoying especially if you have cave man hands,

ATB

Flynny