Border Game Bag Challenge

jef

Had a day at this yesterday and enjoyed the best day's shooting.

I can not recommend this enough if you're looking for a let day with a difference.

You'll find the details on google.

12 species, 1 day. It's yet to be completed, we did well with 11.

JF

Oh it's a small world!

Not strictly true.

As shoot captain I was there to maintain the ranks and ensure we were meeting our targets.

Two rabbits were missed in the morning from a range of about 15 yards by another team member. For which he took fair amount of flack.

During an afternoon drive "rabbit" was called on my side of a drive and I raised my barrels and fire both, purely out of courtesy. The pesky creature was well out of range however I felt obliged to answer the call.

As I reminded my fellow team mates, on that same drive I also shot the only pigeon for the day. Without which we would only have bagged 10 species!

It was still a cracking day and no doubt we're hooked!

JF

• 1 month later...

Had another day out with lammermuir game services today, 100 bird pheasant and red legs.

Ended up with 97. First stand I had 4 pheasants for 36 shots. Thankfully the other guns were the same :-)

Another brilliant day with a great bunch of lads.

JF

I am doing a similar challenge with a mate for this season, so far I have had 28 species and to his 21, the challenge runs from the 12th August until the 31st March. The loser buys dinner for the winner and his wife at a restaurant of his choice anywhere in the UK including wine, brings a whole new challenge to the season, never wanted a Jay to fly over as much in a day. Real piece of luck this season was to shoot a stoat which was swimming across a flood at evening flight. In the event of a draw the winner will be the one who shot the highest number of 1sts in the season