Ltd edition watch for my 40th

hcarlos

Hi I've got the option of a watch for my 40th with a budget of £250 ( not the most I know but any more would be waisted on me ) I've been looking on evil bay and like the invicta watches but there American and can't find a Uk stockist.

Any other makes I should be looking at Uk stores etc . Many thanks in advance Carl

Hi I've got the option of a watch for my 40th with a budget of £250 ( not the most I know but any more would be waisted on me ) I've been looking on evil bay and like the invicta watches but there American and can't find a Uk stockist.

Any other makes I should be looking at Uk stores etc . Many thanks in advance Carl

As HDAV said bering watches are top quality...if your looking for a limited edition however for that money you will be limited. Christopher Ward do make nice bodies but you have to pay a fair chunk for a decent movement.

A watch from one of the top designers would probably be a safer bet perhaps Paul Smith which will probably increase in value.

I would be tempted to bank the money and then go to your local branch of Goldsmiths in the January sales and see what they can offer for £250..you will be surprised at the level of discounts when stock update comes around.

Bare in mind that if you struggle to find a Invicta supplier you will struggle to find a repairer as well.

i think Citzen eco-drives have a good reputation and aren't outside your budget.

I bought mine a good few years ago,it was about £370 then ,but you can get the new models for about £230-50,very reliable, nice big chunky watch and they can take a battering,mine is worn constantly and has even been run over by a Saab while still on my wrist,only thing i would swap it for is an Omega http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/seamaster/planet-ocean-600-m/co-axial-chronograph-455-mm/23230465101001

My eco drive

upji.jpg
Edited by welsh1

I have all ways thought Seiko are very good value watches, if you go for a used as new one you will get more for your money.

Chris

I have worn seiko for many many years and normally get 10/12 years of every day wear before they need service or repair.... Kinetic and non Edited by bi9johnny

I like seiko. I think you can get a better quality of watch for less money. I am currently wearing a seiko divers watch that I have put a metal strap in it, and it looks the part. My favourite watch is my king seiko chronometer. Both mechanical. Both made in Japan, being better quality than the ones made in China. I can post pics if you would like.

go a touch higher and order one of these or the ocean black, you will get more than your money back should you look after it and sell it in a few years, cracking handmade watches these.

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-vintage-Military-,477.html

Edited by kdubya