pigeon watch forum

bostonmick

Its a good forum and the majority of members on here are very friendly and helpful.

The newbies with their questions did at one time bring out the 'A' holes that just wanted to slag them down or come to that anyone for not knowing what they know or against their opinion, but that has subsided somewhat.

Personaly I've been pigeon shooting over 30 years and still pick up some real good tips and ideas,rarely a day goes by when I dont pop in PW.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have enjoyed my year and a half on the forum. As others have said some have been helped out with useful advice, others have made friends and others have learnt something new. I am not exactly inexperienced at this pigeon shooting lark but I have learnt a great deal from the posts of practical pigeon shooters.

The downside from my point of view is the number of obtuse comments which I find alarming, and the failure by a certain type to appreciate the habits and traditions of others.

I've learnt a lot, I've offered some advice and shared experiences.

Made a lot of friends, in the flesh not just cyber ones, and attended two superb PW rifle days at Catton Park.

Yes, it gets a thumbs up from me.

(The wildfowling section is the best forum in the UK for the sport).

PS - I've bought and sold a couple of guns and things too.

:good::good::good:

JKD, on 25 Nov 2013 - 1:37 PM, said:snapback.png

Agree with all the above,,,, PW is the best shooting forum I'm a member of, full of very helpful gays with help and info on ALL subjects going both ways.

A bit of teasing amongst it all keeps things light,,,, IMO :)

What ever floats your boat :lol::lol::whistling:

There you go,,,,, a bit of teasing :lol::lol::lol: or are you telling us that you "go both ways" :sad1::lol::lol::lol:

Outstanding place and whenever i have posted a thread for advice on anything,not just shooting related ive always got some top knowledge back.Also good for the banter plus some right walts posting keech aboot stuff they know diddly squat aboot but thats good for the comedy value too.

im with you on that Dave..good info but my god some proper walts on here..

Edited by archie1234

personally i think the forum is brilliiant. i spend so much time here the wife thinks i'm up to no good half the time :lol:

seriously though it's a good place to come and be amongst likeminded folk, advise and be advised and a good sales section.

the banter here is good :good:now and again there will be someone to tread you down or turn things into a willy waving contest but you find these people wherever you are in life :)

Edited by aga man

Learnt a lot from here ( and still am!), met two top chaps off here and also enjoy the off topic banter ( have had some views changed based on that as well)

The banter is no worse than at any other male dominated gathering ( rugby club, rifle club) etc

its an excellent forum good advice and a lot of good guys on here,, a forum is just that a lot of people are opinionated, some good - some bad, but hey its a FORUM that's what its all about

i must say try other forums and then give a view of which is best ! i certainly know which i prefer and i'm right here.

Haven't read all of the posts in this thread, but all I can say is that I've been very grateful for the wealth of excellent advice I've received from the generous people on this Forum. And apart from answers to my own questions, I've learned shedloads of stuff from answers to other people's questions. All in a great spirit. Thank you.

We've lost a lot of members along the way, through either their own choice, or being banned. Rascal_2005, LeeinVA, Ozzy Fudd, Hezbear and many others I can't think of. Don't get me wrong, I love these forums (mostly) but there are some real jumped up know it alls amongst us. I keep coming because there are some brilliant things to be read on here on occasion, and some really sound advise along with the threads we read on almost a daily basis (which calibre, etc).

All in all, a brilliant way to waste a couple of hours a week.

We've lost a lot of members along the way, through either their own choice, or being banned. Rascal_2005, LeeinVA, Ozzy Fudd, Hezbear and many others I can't think of. Don't get me wrong, I love these forums (mostly) but there are some real jumped up know it alls amongst us. I keep coming because there are some brilliant things to be read on here on occasion, and some really sound advise along with the threads we read on almost a daily basis (which calibre, etc).

All in all, a brilliant way to waste a couple of hours a week.

Funny you should mention this, Gixer1 was always on here but just checked his profile and he has been banned. I think I have missed something. With well over 5k posts he was a frequent user to say the least.

I find this forum full of extremely knowledgeable and helpful people, and the ones who I have met in real life have been absolutely lovely. It's much nicer here than in some clay shooting focussed forum, which is partly down to people and partly down to moderation policy differing in all forums.

And I STILL haven't shot a pigeon!.

As the olde saying goes, '' you have to seperate the wheat from the chaff '', Some great self opinionated bottom holes that only see one direction and get a little hot under the collar when you argue your point but it is what it is and should all be taken in good humour and mostly is. For me the reloading info was and is invaluable. The advice for the newbie is outstanding and everyone will point out important safety and legal issues if the question is asked. Input from all the corners of this mostly internet available land keeps us all up to date with our disjointed police force which can make you feel lucky or extremely gutted. Until I joined this forum I never knew you could download an app to your phone and shoot a 704yd hare with the info, priceless eh.