shoot and be safe

Mark, i think you're the first person to describe me as a "welcoming" committee, people usually use some stronger words :lol:

Bridge looks like it could do with a couple of bits replacing, doesnt look as bad as the next bridge down did at the end of last season, you had to jump across the middle of it!

• 8 years later...

Good evening one and all 

It has been a while since I have posted on here and I wish I was posting with positive news.

Sadly, whilst out shooting this morning, I received the sad news that ayano3 has sadly passed away whilst on a shoot yesterday (Friday).

Graham introduced myself and a few others of the old Crown Shoot to the sloegasm and Irish Car Bombs when he visited the shoot back in 2013

The good lady and I raised a sloegasm to him during elevenses this morning. Unfortunately, we didn't get to sink an Irish car bomb to your memory this evening, but I will soon.

My thoughts and sincere condolences go out to his family

Sleep well my friend

He will be sorely missed in the pheasant shooting and wildfowling communities. He did a tremendous amount for new members, He took me under his wing 10 years ago and we still kept in regular touch despite me shooting elsewhere now.

I was lost for words when I recieved the call on Friday. He was taken well before his time.

7 hours ago, Big Mat said:

He will be sorely missed in the pheasant shooting and wildfowling communities. He did a tremendous amount for new members, He took me under his wing 10 years ago and we still kept in regular touch despite me shooting elsewhere now.

I was lost for words when I recieved the call on Friday. He was taken well before his time.

So sad to hear this Mat 😢 we had some good times out with him. I will miss him, he had a good listening ear.

7 hours ago, Big Mat said:

He got in touch with me after coming down this way after he got a day permit from Norwich W A and through the good work of P W member Grandalf he managed to get a goose on his visit to these parts .

He told me he was retiring soon and was thinking of joining a club down these parts and would I be kind enough to show him the area in more detail , I told him to just give me a few days notice and we will spend a day together and he was welcome to have a bite to eat at my place , he was over the moon and said he would get in touch once he retired and got things sorted out , sadly the meeting never happened and that was the last I heard from him .

Sounded like a nice bloke and I hope he enjoyed his free time when his retirement came .  R I P    Ayano 3

Ayano3 was one of the two,  washwildfowler being the other, that got me into wildfowling. We had a few flights together. Certainly one of the few who had time for the next generation of fowlers.

My first wildfowling outing was with Ayano3 on shepwhites marsh. 

Sad to hear of his passing.