hucknall rifle & pistol target shooting club ( nottingham )

RED BEARD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

At what ranges do you shoot? and can all calibers of rifle be shot or only pistol calibers?

Thanks

Michael

hello,its a 25m range.its not down to the calibre,its governed by bullet speed,i think its 1600 ft/sec. just let me know if you fancy coming for a look one night.

all the best,red.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest snowy1977

Blooming heck fella that's good!im in between 2 clubs that i know of 5 miles apart so an easy walk or bus ride but like I said you have to be "known" to get through the door.its a real shame.if I ever win the lotto ill start my own club where all welcome!as long as your friendly and enthusiastic :-)

Why do they do the whole "through a friend or family member" malarky?

Surely you can be vetted out through probation periods, police checks and see if you are gun safe. New and enthusiastic people with good intentions should be welcomed by these clubs. It gives the perfect opportunity to promote the sport in a positive light and it could even see growth in its popularity.

Guest snowy1977

I agree with you malik,its a trust thing,they're scared of potential idiots screwing things up and getting the club closed down which is understandable given the political climate surrounding gun ownership but personally I think its what will kill the sport eventually because without new blood coming in so to speak there's no one to carry it on.everyone should be given a chance to prove themselves without being pre judged.i know 8 people that tried to get into clubs local to me,all responsible family men and 2 which I was in the army with so you can't get better saftey trained than that and they were all treated like they had the plague.like I said before its a real shame.makes me laugh when you see in the magazines guides on how to start shooting and they spin the same line of oh its so sociable and inclusive just pop round your local club and do this n that its easy blah blah blah its rubbish!

Were considering a move back up to Norfolk.

Many moons a ago, I was a Grove Small Arms member when it was run by Tony Hardesty at his farm/range, and also Smallborough &district club too.

As an NRA member shooting for the last 30 years I was hoping not to read comments such as above. I recall firing of a prospective email to a few Clubs and did not receive a single reply?

Surely if a clubs Directors are unable to judge a persons character then it's a frankly worrying state of affairs.

So, it's my opinion that if a Club cannot be bothered to accept new members or new shooters to the sport then they should not be calling themselves a Club

Least the NRA are welcoming and accommodating in all my dealings with them- prefer to travel hours rather than to feel isolated within a 'Clique Club'

Guest snowy1977

Jaymo,all I wanna do is shoot rifles again,pure n simple.it shouldn't have to be so hard.im sure im not on my own with this either.just imagine how much stronger this sport could be if minds were a little more open.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Were considering a move back up to Norfolk.

Many moons a ago, I was a Grove Small Arms member when it was run by Tony Hardesty at his farm/range, and also Smallborough &district club too.

As an NRA member shooting for the last 30 years I was hoping not to read comments such as above. I recall firing of a prospective email to a few Clubs and did not receive a single reply?

Surely if a clubs Directors are unable to judge a persons character then it's a frankly worrying state of affairs.

So, it's my opinion that if a Club cannot be bothered to accept new members or new shooters to the sport then they should not be calling themselves a Club

Least the NRA are welcoming and accommodating in all my dealings with them- prefer to travel hours rather than to feel isolated within a 'Clique Club'

What a small world . We must know each other .

I was a member of both clubs for a number of years . When Tony changed the club from a privately owned to a members club I ran the grove with other members . The grove was a super club to belong to as it was open 7days a week till 10.pm .

Smallborough is running , but is restricted to 100 yards full bore and small bore .

Harnser

• 3 months later...