How did we all do today

MC

Shot **** on Skeet today i am afraid :rolleyes:

Scores were so terrible it's an embarrasment to advertise them!

NOT one of my better days i really need to practive more than once a fortnight and stick to 1 gun as i tend to chop and change which i think is partly my problem :rolleyes:

Back on Tuesday and i am sticking with the O/U :rolleyes:

Will let you know how it goes on Tuesday.

LG

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mungler,

since when has a Berretta 682 gold e been a basic berretta? isn't it one of their top flight clay guns?

As for not having the Blaser, that is just an excuse. what on earth could want servicing on it? I feel you are down to lose BIG STYLIE :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::no::lol:

As for me I am having trouble missing :lol::lol:

Shot the British Universities nationals this weekend at the west midlands shooting ground.

got a respectable 42ex50, the rest of my team didn't fare quite so well. Ended up heading off for a drink and to watch the rugby.

Found out yesterday i got the high gun, and missed the presentation ceremony :P. There may still be a chance of getting my medal though.

Proteus,

Shame on you, not being there for the presentation - did you not realise you could be up for High Gun..?? :welcomeani:

West Midlands is a super ground, IMHO probably the best ground for Sporting targets in England.

I must say it's very quiet on here today, we're all missing Pin's 118 average daily posts, let's hope they're having a good time at Lakenheath, and nobody's shot down a low flying F15, blue on blue, friendly fire etc, give the Yanks back a bit of what they're so good at dishing out to others.

I reckon they should be back in the clubhouse by now, tucking into the burgers, and getting ready for the lap & pole dancers :good: with everybody saying, "If only..!!".

Cat.

Cat,

I thoguht i'd done ok but didnt consider that i'd got the high gun as 6 of my 8 misses were due to not concentrating / trying to take a bird very late. :welcomeani:

It's certainly the nicest ground i've shot at, and they do put on some very varied clays, my only qualm with them as with most clay grounds is their simulation of game.

Definately fun nonetheless! particularly the flurry they put on, although this year it was a little less interesting.

Proteus,

Unfortunately clays can never properly simulate Game Birds, because they don't twist and turn like the real thing.

Anyway, I have to say well shot young man, do yourself a favour and check out the scores before you depart the ground, winning is a rare event for most of us, so make the most of it and savour the moment, instead of savouring a pint in the boozer watching England getting yet another drubbing..!! :welcomeani:

Cat.

Spring skeet league began last evening.

It all started well and went down in flames.

Full of myself, I arrive with my trusty Browning BPS .410.

Shoot a few games with some regulars and a new shooter arrives for game 3.

Okay lots of instructions by all and oops her gun's not pointed downrange.

Okay, Okay don't load until you're on the pad etc. etc.

Other regulars leave after game 3.

I thought slow pulls were fun at first. It started to get to me.

I think I lost my mind somewhere around station 3.

I was as pleasant as can be. I'm sure she'll be back. She had fun.

Poor Bob - 22, 23, 24, 15

Ouch, my aching average.

Shot 46/50 with the semi yesterday and 37/50 with the pump action today and put an enormous grin on my face.

I realise that I do actually want to be Tackleberry.

Back now! Did two rounds of 50 sporting both with my Mossberg pump action, got 36 and 37 out of 50, it was ******* down though, and I didnt see anyone else get more than 30 with any gun so cheers to you me ol pump action brother :lol::lol:

I went out Rifle shooting at a local club where I had entered a Scottish Match,

This is a competition shot at 100yds with .22LR target rifles. The course of fire is 3 rounds of 20 shots at 6 individual targets. Giving a total score out of 600.

Round 1 88/100

Round 2 93/100

Round 3 87/100

Round 4 93/100

Round 5 95/100

Round 6 91/100

Aggregate score of 547/600, which puit me in second place in class C when I left at 2.30. There was 1 other person to shoot in class C when I left so I will be getting either a silver or bronze medal :lol::lol::lol:

This was my first ever serious shoot outdoors so I am well chuffed. I had decided before I left home that if I averaged 85 over the 6 cards that would be plenty as the weather was horrible and it was my first time, so an average of 91.16666 is cool. I got soaked while shooting but I couldn't care less.

Local 25 bird sporting competition, I shot like a complete trumpet. 11ex25, blanked on the rabbit both stands of 5 rabbits, both full use. Conditions were terrible with driving rain in your face, no excuse though we all shot in the same weather, 20ex25 won it.

One beretta and set of ported chokes for sale <_<

I did pick up a trophy and medal I won at the same club late last year so that wasn't so bad.

Seems the force is strong with you MC, Hommmmmmmmmm........................

be the Target, be the Target, be the target..................

Congrats mate, weathers been ****e all day, so you did well. Not quite the 99% average of the indoors, but in competition, good going by anyones standard. <_<;)

You'll have to teach me what this rifle malarky's all about one day. Can't quite see the total fascination with it just yet, but still enjoy going to Bisley anyway. Must do the Match class, Must do the Match class....... Be the Target aiming 37 foot above it ??????

Full Jedi training required for the 1000 yd range me thinks.

SS :(

Fired my first shots of the year today and got a disappointing 20/50. Sadly i would have been pleased with 50% so this just reaffirms my want for a proper lesson.

Anyone else out today?

Jesus Mark, why didn't you say we could have got you coming out with us to Wattisham or somewhere. I'd have come down Parkford if I'd known you hadn't fired a shot until the 3rd March :o :no:

Don't let this happen again, you're more than welcome to come with me where ever I go mate, or I'll come out with you. I'm no expert, but I can give little hints.

Most importantly, you'll never improve if you don't get out there and shoot ???

SS :P

Jesus Mark, why didn't you say we could have got you coming out with us to Wattisham or somewhere. I'd have come down Parkford if I'd known you hadn't fired a shot until the 3rd March ???:P

Don't let this happen again, you're more than welcome to come with me where ever I go mate, or I'll come out with you. I'm no expert, but I can give little hints.

Most importantly, you'll never improve if you don't get out there and shoot ;)

SS <_<

Your a good man SS, thanks for the offers but i haven't been out due to cash and time. I either had the money but a busy weekend or when i had the time spare i'd run out of cash! :(