Best recoil pad

JABB

What thickness i have been meaning to get one fitted to my 525 for an age.......

It's just under 1.5 cm thick.

Tip for you if your wanting to have it coloured black like mine, leave it green is the best I reckon, as the black ink comes off for a period of time and marks your clothing :no:

88431bffbd74bcebc0b581bde79025c1_zpsa4d2

Edited by Willpoon

This is like what's best between Beretta and Browning....

It comes down to which you use

Now admittedly I've never tried an Isis,

I have had 3 kickeeze guns and find them very comfortable

But the greatest aid to recoil for me was dropping down to 21g cartridges, I used to have a shoulder problem and that's when I changed cartridges,

I no longer have the problem as badly but found I really liked the cartridges, however some 21g are a lot softer than others,

My cartridge of choice is a 21g Comp X with a Kickeeze pad,

Works for me :)

:shaun:

This is like what's best between Beretta and Browning....

It comes down to which you use

Now admittedly I've never tried an Isis,

I have had 3 kickeeze guns and find them very comfortable

But the greatest aid to recoil for me was dropping down to 21g cartridges, I used to have a shoulder problem and that's when I changed cartridges,

I no longer have the problem as badly but found I really liked the cartridges, however some 21g are a lot softer than others,

My cartridge of choice is a 21g Comp X with a Kickeeze pad,

Works for me :)

wus

Try a Gel-Tec pad before changing recoil pads. My youngest is the strongest person I know, but suffers from recoil - broke his shoulder blade - with complications - at motocross. He uses one and swears by it.

Does he have a recoil pad as well? I still have the hard plastic browning one on mine but a reactar pad in my vest ;)

wus

Your just jealous of my immense ability with tiny cartridges

Thats the recommended combo for girls.............

Thanks Will.....

Oh it's pick on me night tonight *sobs*

If a gun fits you properly it shouldn't kick that much,

Bunnykiller you can't call Mr Sheep a wus any more, he's a mod now :whistling:

You tell him Will....

Recoil has degrees, some suffer slight shoulder pain, a few suffer headaches, others get cheek slap (fit related) and neck pain is not uncommon either so the right package depends very much on your own circumstances. Until recently a Kickeze was the best, lately Dave Izzards Green pads have rightly claimed the top spot and as a single non-moving solution they are a must.

If you want to reduce fatigue over a long days shooting then you have to consider moving, compressible gadgets such as the ISIS which is very good but mainly because it happens to be light, others I have personally owned are not inferior in use. It never hurts to use a thin Sorbothane sheet glued onto the top of the comb but best of all are systems that allow the free movement of the gun (independent of the comb) beneath the shooters face. Dave Izzard markets such a comb conversion as well but the very best are unfortunately sold in the USA by people such as SofTouch.

If you don't mind looking mega cool and not bovvered, then get a PFS like I did many moons ago which saves chopping up the standard furniture.

I use a GelTek because I like the profile but I'd say it's no better at dispersing recoil than the standard rubber pad. GelTek has been replaced now by MicroCore pads which are better at recoil, look good and come in various thicknesses. They're very light though and may upset the balance.

My advice would be to get it fitted first because your stock length might need adjusting and that may well have a bearing on pad choice.

Gun fit cannot get rid of recoil, true a poor fit will exacerbate it but the OP simply asks for advice because like thousands he suffers from recoil, there is no mention he may have a fit problem.

Guns recoil, you can get them millimetre perfect and they'll still recoil, the correct pad plus other gadgets help alleviate enough of this innate recoil for it's effects to no longer be an issue or at least become negligible.