two,s up

simon6ppc

hi guys last night me and driller went out on fox patrol on two farms we havn't shot for a few month now due to the rubbish weather and game season,the first one i used my rifle and driller shone the lamp and after half an hour we see this fox that just sat at the side of a gate and i shot it with my ppc at around 130 yard,the next farm driller got to use his new sako 243 and i was shining the lamp for him,after walking around for an hour seeing foxes here and there but wasn't safe we finally caught up with a nice looking vixen which driller shot in style with his new rifle of a stoop at just under 80 yard,these two farms we shoot are very good for foxes for some reason,but on the other hand they are like on the top of an hill so unsafe for them at the same time so if you play your cards right you can shoot them but you seriously have to use your head as last night we where watching two or 3 of them only 100 yard away but couldn't take the shot,but saying that what top animal to watch so close doing its thing . any way a good night, we both got one each and we did see nine all together but had to leave as they wasn't safe,the first pic is the one i shot and the second drillers,atb simon....

post-56146-0-08999400-1385944215_thumb.jpg

post-56146-0-20462100-1385944234_thumb.jpg

Edited by simon6ppc

ha ha i am back on the foxes more than the warrener and robert bucknell on a keen weekend,to be honest i have still been going out only they have not been playing ball,i seem to keep seeing them every were they shouldn't be as any body who does it knows the feeling,its all fun any way and as much as safety gets on your nerves it has to be 100 percent,thanks for the replys.atb simon

Well done on the foxes, Simon/ driller, do you not ever sit out anytime find a safe position and wait for them to show up, we have a good bit of success just sitting out and waiting surprising how many on the move well before dark.

Sounds like you got plenty about, i sometimes cover my truck with my pigeon shooting nets sit on the spare wheel, range a few points, rifle, bino's on the roof ready for any customers,

Good shooting and nice rifles all the best Smokey

Well done on the foxes, Simon/ driller, do you not ever sit out anytime find a safe position and wait for them to show up, we have a good bit of success just sitting out and waiting surprising how many on the move well before dark.

Sounds like you got plenty about, i sometimes cover my truck with my pigeon shooting nets sit on the spare wheel, range a few points, rifle, bino's on the roof ready for any customers,

Good shooting and nice rifles all the best Smokey

i have done that pal on good summer nights,when they turn up it does get the ticker pumping ha ha,we don't usually see that many on the farms i have my shoot on,the two we went last night were a few miles away on sheep farms which we only go every month or so thats why we see a few,but we didn't complain,atb simon

Yea,tried some 55 grain ppu for running barrel in. Zero'd it in but the trigger was way to heavy. Had stock off and adjusted, so will have to zero after pheasant shooting this Saturday.

ye my trigger was the same on mine,them remmys certainly can shoot but the triggers do need a tweak or even better a better one fitted,did it group ok with the 55,s..mine did like the 50 grain better.....

ye my trigger was the same on mine,them remmys certainly can shoot but the triggers do need a tweak or even better a better one fitted,did it group ok with the 55,s..mine did like the 50 grain better.....

Could not get ppu in 50's, got some sako ballistic tips in 50, will try them. He can take rifle when we pick up early Sunday morning, may be lucky and see charlie, always do when I have no gun.

Cant get any H380 so home loads out for now. He needs to find a light mod for it now,any ideas, but with the barrel being so lite can only screw cut it 1/2", so he is a bit sick cos he wanted to use mine which is 14x1.

Paul

Could not get ppu in 50's, got some sako ballistic tips in 50, will try them. He can take rifle when we pick up early Sunday morning, may be lucky and see charlie, always do when I have no gun.

Cant get any H380 so home loads out for now. He needs to find a light mod for it now,any ideas, but with the barrel being so lite can only screw cut it 1/2", so he is a bit sick cos he wanted to use mine which is 14x1.

Paul

i use an ase utra sl5 on mine,got it from the same shop around 240 notes i think, not cheap but they work brilliant and are small if you look on the picture..

post-56146-0-60826100-1386026738_thumb.jpg