best pellets

OLDSHOOTER

Multi brand packs are available from most decent stockists for just this purpose. You get around 20 pellets from about ten makers, don't remember the price. Someone will be along who will have more accurate detail.

Or you could google somewhere like Blackpool Air Rifles, there are lots of others.

hey mate, I found these on le bay, they might be worth a try? £6.99 for mostly decent pellet types. only ones missing are the standard JSB exacts and H&N FTT, which you could pick up separately on bayland and still be only paying the same as one tin.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Air-rifle-pellet-sample-pack-22-x200-PRICED-TO-SELL-/321268887937?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item4acd1e3181

Start with a few few varieties from the JSB/AA range, you are almost guaranteed to find the right pellet there.

Tester packs are a good idea but don't contain enough of each type for a test, leading in the barrel alone can use 40 or 50 pellets after cleaning.

true. If you do go for tester packets, lead the barrel with the ones that are almost certainly going to be useless anyway! Bisley superfields are pretty rubbish in every gun and any pointed pellet won't be as accurate as a domed fella

Have a look at www.pelletperfect.co.uk loads of pellets 25 for £1.

I have ten Rifles and i find these pellets very Accurate and consistent.

In most of my Rifles

1/ RWS. Superdomes.

2/ RWS. Superfield.

3/ Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums.

4/ Crosman Premier Hollow Point.

5/ Bisley Magnums.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

• 1 month later...

Have a look at www.pelletperfect.co.uk loads of pellets 25 for £1.

I have ten Rifles and i find these pellets very Accurate and consistent.

In most of my Rifles

1/ RWS. Superdomes.

2/ RWS. Superfield.

3/ Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums.

4/ Crosman Premier Hollow Point.

5/ Bisley Magnums.

cant believe you don't have the jsb,s in your top 5, is that your list in order of preference ?

RWS superdomes I have found will not group well in any of my rifles,yet the superfields are excellent, not as good as the JSB 15.89g exact,s

as for hollow point there ok to 25yrds after that I have found them to be very very hit and miss, not accurate at all,

bis mags, good pellet but not as accurate as the jsb,s or the superfields,

H&N field target trophy is another excellent pellet for accuracy, so here is MY rifles choice of pellets in accuracy order

1.... JSB Exacts 15.89g

2.... RWS superfields

3.....H&N field target trophy

these are my top three

atb Evo

I have tried most hollow points RWS. H&N. BSA. And yes not very accurate after 25 yds.

But the Crosman Premier hollow points have a very small hole in the dome.

So they are just has accurate has the Premier Ultra Magnums.

Crosman Premier Ultera Magnums are the same pellets has Webley Accupell re-badge by Webley.

OLDSHOOTER asked for pellets that will perform well in Webley & Gunpower Barrels.

RWS Superdomes are the least Barrel Fussy pellets i have ever come across.

Superdomes in my Loguns. Walther. Super 10. Will put pellets through the same hole at 35 yds.

Why you found Superdomes not giving you good groups is beyond me. Dirty Barrels.???.

Superfields are a bit more accurate than Domes but are more Barrel Fussy.

I had a Gunpower Stealth and Superdomes performed excellent in it 5p groups at 40 yds.

I have tried most hollow points RWS. H&N. BSA. And yes not very accurate after 25 yds.

But the Crosman Premier hollow points have a very small hole in the dome.

So they are just has accurate has the Premier Ultra Magnums.

Crosman Premier Ultera Magnums are the same pellets has Webley Accupell re-badge by Webley.

OLDSHOOTER asked for pellets that will perform well in Webley & Gunpower Barrels.

RWS Superdomes are the least Barrel Fussy pellets i have ever come across.

Superdomes in my Loguns. Walther. Super 10. Will put pellets through the same hole at 35 yds.

Why you found Superdomes not giving you good groups is beyond me. Dirty Barrels. ???.

Superfields are a bit more accurate than Domes but are more Barrel Fussy.

I had a Gunpower Stealth and Superdomes performed excellent in it 5p groups at 40 yds.

no mate ,,barrels are always cleaned then leaded in before I do any tests,,

I just cant get superdome,s to group as well as my top 3 and that's in any of my rifles, I,ve even inspected the pellets and they seem fine,

I have no confidence in them at all so I stick with the jsb,s all the time for hunting or sometimes might switch to the superfields or H&N,s but due to their accuracy don't bother to use any others now,

atb Evo

no mate ,,barrels are always cleaned then leaded in before I do any tests,,

I just cant get superdome,s to group as well as my top 3 and that's in any of my rifles, I,ve even inspected the pellets and they seem fine,

I have no confidence in them at all so I stick with the jsb,s all the time for hunting or sometimes might switch to the superfields or H&N,s but due to their accuracy don't bother to use any others now,

atb Evo

Agreed. I don't know if there really is any difference between JSB exacts and Daystate Sovereigns, other than the label, but sovereigns are superb in my gun, so I don't waste my time with anything else - except bisely mags for the odd squirrel bash because i prefer the extra punch. No point mucking around if you've found something that works!

Edited by chrisjpainter

Ive found airarms field to be the most accurate pellet available. They have worked in every gun ive had realy tight groupes.

Ive just bought a new bsa r10 and put ,jsb,rws,h& n,bisley mags,accupell ft,and as always had some airarms left so put them through it and once again the best pellet out there they just seem to adapt to any barell i think its because they are a soft pellet .i would defo give these a try first