Gaming pcs ?

JohnFreeman1310

http://www.cclonline.com/product/88749/NE5X66001049-1060F/Graphics-Cards/Palit-GeForce-GTX-660-Graphics-Card-2GB-GDDR5-PCIe-3-0-2-x-DVI-DisplayPort-HDMI/VGA0731/

the above link is for an exellent pc company about 2 miles of the m62 they have young pc guru staff and have been going for years getting lots of the top pc mag awards

they will talk you through your requirments and build you a custom pc to your needs and they aint pushy salesman types :good:

Thanks guys I've been looking at some of the things on over clockers I've seen these two tho.... In the way of building my own I don't really have the experience on PC builds.

http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Zed.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Alienware-X51-R2-3-9ghz-i7-8GB-1TB-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-760-WIFI-Win8-/291036082775?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item43c31a3257

i5 is what you want no need for i7.

I'd personally go for a nvidia 770 or 780

The thing to watch about pre-made PCS is the power supplys are basically ****...it is one of the ways they get the price down.

Also your monitor resolution makes ahuge diffwerence if you have a fairly small monitor res then you don't need a crazy graphics card.

Anyway I would stick with Intel and Nvidia to start with. Gigabyte motherboards are good also. I like SSD hard drives as they are lovely and fast.

Edited by Nikk

I have just built one saved about £200 by buying the parts compared to buying the tower built with the exact same make and model parts

Heres the parts list

Tower

Window 7

MSI Z87-343 Motherboard

MSI AMD Radeon R9 270X Graphics card

iNTEL I5 4670K

AEROCOOL STRIKE X 800W PSU

Memory Corsair 8gb Vengeance DDR3

Hard drive 120gb evo SSD SATA3

Here's a comparison. It's a great way to save money and depending on how big your resolution is on your computer you can use the cash saved to get a more powerful Graphics card.

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1061&page=14

The resolution of most monitors is 1080p which does require a fairly hefty graphics processor for the latest games. My monitor is 2560x1440 (I have two of them) which makes it even worse. Castletyne's suggestion is pretty good, the SSD hard drive makes a massive difference to the general performance of the computer. Personally I would never have a ATI as NVidia seem to be ahead on driver support and also a little in the performance side of things but even saying this is opening a can of worms and is the subject of heated debate else where.

I always use good quality power supplies they last much longer and I have a lovely big Silverstone case which has a design where the motherboard is rotated 90 degrees, this means the cables are on top for easy access and more importantly the hot air is vented in the most sensible direction which is up. I would also consider water cooling for you processor, these days you can buy a kit like this and they are absolutely amazing.

Personally I'd recommend overclockers.co.uk over any other PC builder out there, they are streets ahead and will build you systems, there area a lot of dodgy PC builders out there so it is a minefield. It's the little things that the unscrupulous will do that can affect the PC performance like using very cheap RAM or Motherboards.

I got most of my bits from OC - went and picked them up as they are in Stoke -- I am not a gamer but my system is near enough same as the link you supplied - I have a 250g Samsung SSD which I use for system and any prog that I put on PC - all music and photo's - document's etc go on 1TB second HD

I have read that a lot of people prefer Win 7 which I bought - Mate has Win 8 and he hates it - getting the guy in again to put 7 on.

Only problem I have is my BB - will be 2015 before I can get Infinity so really my system is wasted - Runs like a rocket then go make cup of tea while sending 1mb file.

Dave

If your going to use it for gaming steam are in the process of launching their own gaming OS so it might be worth making sure your spec will meet their requirements. At the moment (beta stage) it only supports nvidia cards.

Edited by Schern

Definately don't skimp on the power suppy, it's probably the most vital and underated component in a PC, especially a PC intended for gaming.

Take a look at http://www.jonnyguru.com for power supply reviews but from personal experience, I'd say consider something from Corsair's professional range, such as the AX760. Otherwise, just make sure you get something that is 80+ rated.