Big numbers

rabbit hunter

Do any of you lads (and lasses if there are any) shoot or catch big numbers of game? What we usually call big numbers is

Rabbits: 50+

Hares: 10+

Pigeon/geese/duck etc : 5+

I say 5+ for the birds because what would you do with 10 geese? My dad used to shoot until foot & mouth kicked in, that knocked him off. I dont shoot any more, just go for bunnies & hares.

I am not getting at any of you for shooting 100 pigeon, just want to know what you do with them all?

With rabbits, I take a few home, skin them, take heads off and feed to ferrets. The rest of the rabbits, Jeff & billy keep to mince up for dogs. Whenever we got more than 4 hares, I take one home to eat, jeff & billy then the whats left to eat, the livers & kidneys go to the dogs.

anyway, i was ferreting on saturday, got 4 in an hour. Took 1 for ferrets. Let jeff keep the rest.

I am what I consider fortunate as regards to using up game, I live at the top of an avenue full of OAP's bungalows whatever I cannot use they will have it's getting to the point now that when I come home after a day out shooting they are all waiting for me, I'm lucky if I get any for my own use. But I suppose their is worse situations to be in :D

Guest charlie

:lol: spent 6 hours in a field on sunday. it was a perfect day, sunny and very windy. so why the bloody hell did only 6 pigeon turn up it was like all the pigeons had gone on holiday. done my reccy over a thousand acres for 2 weeks.

does my head in sometimes :lol::lol: