Any new hobbies for the new year?

Boromir

I'm about to get into green laning, going to sell the buell and get a crf or wrf or drz.

I already like stargazing and have a good telescope.

And I like shooting, but don't get the time anymore!

If your struggling for time now you'll never green lane as by the time you've rode, cleaned bike and kit, serviced it every ride it's an all day affair that's one reason I don't ride

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always enjoyed my ktms which are great for riding position but it's the jumps and crashes that hurt my back.

I've got an X-ray booked on my neck in January :(

When I get some money I want a BMW gs1200 :)

I did john o groats to landsend on a c90 a few years back lol

on a c90 thats some trek that fella!! i had a old c90. Ok for knocking round the doors but thats about it!!!!

I have had a lathe your a few years now , check out some of my projects here http://www.themensshed.co.uk/ . Oh, just started in the mens shed, loads to do so we will be busy busy.

i have past by market drayton a few times , we go to visit friends at shrewsburry . infact we had a walk around your town one saturday there was a nice little outside market .

I'm about to get into green laning, going to sell the buell and get a crf or wrf or drz.

I have just packed up green laning done loads had ktm 250 exc smokers 250f etc etc been france, spain, uk and it is a great sport but at 44 now I have got scared never had a big of worst was a 50mph crash on Royce clough in the peaks that put me out for a few weeks with bruised ribs

had some amazing weekends in the brecons and south wales some stunning scenary you will really enjoy it get yourself a road angel 7000 and transfer all your routes onto that its a great way to do it but not cheap

biggest problem you will have now is they are closing so many tracks and taking away their vehicular rights you will struggle to put a decent route together

There's an adult education course for clock repair, now that I'm semi retired I quite fancy a go at that.

My father started horology when he was redundant in his 50's and gained a very lucrative second career.

Now that he is in his 90's he is slowing down a little, so I'm lending him a hand to get some of his projects completed.

It is fascinating work, but I wouldn't want to do it full-time myself - it has diverted me from working on the bike

I'm going to get back into photography in the new year. Back in the day I used to have my own darkroom, and spent hours in there developing and printing all my own stuff. Much easier now with digital cameras and photoshop!!

Am going to give taxidermy a go too.... :good: