A few pics of my birds

Saker-Clive

I'll be the first of no doubt very many to say 'nice bird' :yp: :look:

Yes nice bird :P

The young lady aint bad either but lets not go into the testosterone zone and ruin it :lol:

The Pics are superb to catch a bird in flight and get all the details down to the feathers in a clear image is some doing.

Very well done :lol:

LG

and some more........................ :look: The first one was of Tarka, my 18 week old Lugger falcon but he was put to sleep soon afterwards as he had a brain heamorrage.......................and Morticia, was a 13 year old Lanner falcon...............................

Rouse.jpg

r0010992.jpg

This is 'George', a wild Long Eared owl, we came across whilst out shooting in 2005. Because there were foxes about, I decided to take him home for one night and gave him a good feed up........................

home1.jpg

home.jpg

The Harris hawk is a well conditioned hunter, rabbits, pheasant, partridge, anything he can hold down really. Providing his weight is right and the rabbits aren't on top of the holes then he stands a very good chance. If a person wants to kill bucket loads of rabbits etc. I tell them to get a gun ??? As much as I enjoy him hunting, it isn't the kill but the flights and the chase that is important.

The Saker has taken 2 rabbits in the past but I basically fly her for fun. The arabs use them for hunting Gazelle; the bird flies and bleeds the deer, and when it's tired, they send the Saluki's in to finish the job. Their main prey species is the Houbara, basically it a Great Bustard.

People here would fly them at corvids, gulls or use them as a game hawk, pheasant, partridge, grouse etc.

Very nice pics clive.

I used to fly a male harris, hunting wieght 1lb 71/2 just after the moult, then 1lb 8oz after two weeks of hunting, as you say it's not about the amount in the bag but the quality. The male harris has a certain thing about it when hunting rather than shear size as the females.

I miss him, maybe in the future i may return to hunting with hawks :lol:

Very nice pics clive.

I used to fly a male harris, hunting wieght 1lb 71/2 just after the moult, then 1lb 8oz after two weeks of hunting, as you say it's not about the amount in the bag but the quality. The male harris has a certain thing about it when hunting rather than shear size as the females.

I miss him, maybe in the future i may return to hunting with hawks :P

As much as I enjoy my shooting, there is something special about working with a bird. With a rifle, 99% of the time it's final but with the birds, you get the chase, then the bind...........................................then sometimes the wriggle free and the rabbit or pheasant escapes to live another day. :good: and that is what makes it so special :lol: I'm driving up to Birmingham tomorow to pick up a Gyr x Saker male. So I guess there will be alot more pics. on the way.