A few pics of my birds

Saker-Clive

I went on a jounery today upto Birmingham and came home with this :angry: ......................................

bob.jpg

he is a 2 year old Gyr x Saker that has been flown for a short while but not entered. His weight tonight was 1lb. 15oz. so he's going to be a good sized boy :oops:

I want him for the crows around here :good::lol:

I went on a jounery today upto Birmingham and came home with this :good: ......................................

bob.jpg

he is a 2 year old Gyr x Saker that has been flown for a short while but not entered. His weight tonight was 1lb. 15oz. so he's going to be a good sized boy :lol:

I want him for the crows around here :lol::lol:

Clive lovely bird,

Better make sure your telemetry is working cos you sure will need it if it is anything like the one I have seen flying. Mate of mine was flying a Saker x Prei @ crows and it was the dogs dangles. Another chap tried to go one better with a GYR x Saker spent more time looking for it than flying it. If it missed a Crow it would then ****** off into the wild blue yonder. No matter what weight he tried flying it at, and to be fair they have to be keen to take on crows.

Tiercel

Here's a snippet from a diary I keep on another forum..............

18/01/'07.

1lb. 11 1/2oz. (with leash and swivel) 1lb. 10 1/2oz. without.

As the winds and rain are probably like most of the country today, I got him doing jumps indoors on a long leash. The video is only on a 3 foot leash but since then he's been on a 5 foot leash. He still wont come for a chick leg but has so far had 1 mouse, and 2oz. of steak and 1 chick.

The video isn't too clear as the lighting indoors isn't that bright (energy saving bulbs )...........................

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Saker...Bob-indoors.flv

• 3 weeks later...
Nice pics clive, how often do you fly up at the race hill?

hi 'Axe', I don't......I fly over Sheepcote :lol: most days, I've just got back now from training the Gyr x Saker :lol:

He had his first official introduction to the Peregrine from the RSCH. As he came in to the lure, I looked up and she was about 50 feet overhead, as if to say, "I'm watching you :lol: "

He did struggle a bit in the wind, it must be a good 20 mph plus.

Have you not seen us over there over the last 4 years?

I must admit I have, but havent ventured that way since meeting you and the Harris with Brian at the farm in Salt Dean. :lol:

Got you..........how's thing going, is that your AR or Brian's in your picture ? I was over the farm yesterday with the falcons; saw 3 red-legged partridge scurrying about. You should have seen them go once I let Bob off the fist.

Well here's another on I went and 'rescued' yesterday from a nursing home a couple of miles from me...................................................

gorgeous looking birds and extremely powerful but thick as ****............................they have the power to make a tennis ball explode by squeezing it :)

He is basically untouched and has never had any equipment on until yesterday so he is a tad stroppy at the mo.

NewGeorge5.jpg

NewGeorge2.jpg

NewGeorge1.jpg