Busy week,beats working.

sako751sg

Went round with a few bottles last Friday and at one place there were 3 parks absolutely grey with geese,including 2 grass parks.I was intending to tell him we would try a crack at them the next morning but he got in first and asked if i would so all was good.

Next morning had a cracking wind,so whiles Mac was doing his papers i stuffed the Jeep with deeks,nets,poles,etc,etc,and by the time he had finished it was 0750 and well on to daylight so we nipped on to get there before the geese did.On getting to the field we were going to set up on we found a good amount of geese on it and also skeins in the air and with the big moon they must have flighted on overnight so didnt hold much hope for a decent flight but set up anyway.They were trying to come in the whole time of setting up so it was a speedy job with the deeks and hide but turned oot a superb wee morning.Blowing a gale made the birds come in great,although the hide was a disgrace by endex with the nets flapping about but after an hoor and a quarter we called time with birds still pouring in.Ended up with 13,Mac getting 5 with the 20g including a nice L&R.In the half hoor of packing up there would have been a few thoosand drop in to the park behind so hopefully get another chap at them later.

Sunday night was fine clear so went to the MILs to try for a fox at the baits.Had 3 last full moon and knew there were still 2 at least so was pretty hopeful.Was there for 6 but had to wait till 22.30 for the first sign,but he went straight through the baited bit withoot stopping which was pretty unusual.Next one appeared at 23.20,and luckily she was nay spooked at all and just went from hole to hole before the .243 dropped her on the spot.A long wait was next before a huge(presuming dog) fox appeared at 04.15,but he wasnt impressed with the earlier one still lying there and i gave him too much time and paid for it as he didnt come back.A long shift for one fox but still worth it.

Had a wee walk round with the shotgun and managed 6 pheasant,a woodcock and rabbit.Looks like a good showing of woodcock this year and hit another with both barrels but he didnt drop.Also had an evening at a pond which has been stuffed with ducks but only two came in and we got both

Decided to try the foxes again last night if it turned clear,and just after nine the cloud dissapeared and the moon still around three quarter lit up everything nicely so packed the Jeep and held away.With the first one showing at 22.30 the other night i thought we would maybe miss it,but after arriving and settling in we only had 10 mins to wait and he appeared 2 mins later than Sunday.Mac kept an eye on him with the binos but it was very light and an easy shot at 68 yards dropped him straight away.I stagged on till quarter to one,then woke Mac up and told him to take an hoor.I must have fell asleep pretty quickly and the next i knew was Mac shaking me and telling me a fox was doon at the bottom bait.Instant wide awake,so checked the watch at 02.45,checked where he was with the binos and then got the rifle set up.This fox was a different kettle of fish,and wouldnt stay still for a second,dotting from bait to bait before going oot of sight.It must have been a good 10 mins before he hung aroond for a shot and on the squeeze he dropped on the spot.Both dog foxes and the first has some cracking dark socks on him.Stayed till 5 but nay sign of anything else so packed up and held hame for Macs papers.

Before the papers we packed the Jeep with shotguns and deeks to try for a goose after they were delivered so when we finished it was a quick scoot of 7 miles to set up.Blowing a cracking wind in the right direction everything looked good so it was a case of waiting and hoping.Was beginning to doubt if they were coming and the wind must have kept them on the water a wee bit longer but eventually a good flight started.The deek pattern wasnt impressing them that much but some skeins came close enough and we ended up with 9 pinks,1 grey and a hoodie crow which again we couldnt have asked for more so left with birds still looking to come in.

003_zpsce435064.jpg004_zpsc5e7e596.jpg005_zps16d46ba6.jpg006_zps179f662f.jpg009_zpsca689b10.jpg010_zps0f4c9b99.jpg012_zpse9087927.jpg013_zps932d7863.jpg014_zps954fc4be.jpg019_zps0ac7e5ea.jpg021_zpsfccead21.jpg022_zpsf57a592a.jpg025_zpsc4430f9c.jpg028_zps99b94673.jpg030_zps3edb7677.jpg038_zpsf4ef6b9f.jpg040_zpsbf7bc92f.jpg042_zpsf078c316.jpg043_zps8046a46c.jpg044_zps09a7fd19.jpg004_zpsd888468e.jpg008_zpsbbfe449c.jpg009_zps08d1c0e5.jpg010_zps93c83e10.jpg011_zpsb72b606c.jpg012_zps81571e8d.jpg013_zpsdfc9907d.jpg014_zps83b1352a.jpg015_zps2fa9b4b5.jpg

Cracking, you must be knackered

Ta fella.Was absolutely shagged yesterday evening but worth it.A few beers and i was oot.

Looks like u have some great land to shoot over there! Sounds like u put the hours in too.

Atb PT

Some good places,and probably put in too many hours but it usually pays off.

Cracking job Dave..

Have a good Xmas and new year!!!

Rich

Cheers Rich.

Have a good ane to you and your all too fella.

great read and well done, your patience is amazing!

Ta fella.Have the patience for this but little else really the missus would say.

Brilliant as always .......very lucky to live in such a game rich area ,,, :yes:

Cheers fella.

And very lucky for sure.

Great write up and pictures mate

Cheers fella.

Nice write up and pictures.

Ta Gary.Pics nay to your standard but will do me.

good to see and looks like you had some fun ,cheers simon

Cheers Simon.Nay so much fun trying to stay awake for 12 hours for a fox but try it once a month and usually get something.Baiting puts the odds in oor favour.

Awesome as always. Cracking pics, and such a beautiful part of the country.

Ta Adam.Wouldnt swap the place for anywhere.

Guid doo Dave, You, Adelle & Mac hae a guid Xmas.

Cheers Tam.

Likewise to yoursel and Lynelle,and all the best for 14.

• That looks like a nice bit of Buchan country

I dont think any of it would actually be Buchan by todays map fella.The historic one,yes,but it would have to be Banff and Buchan noo i think.The goose bits would just be on the verge but still would need to go a wee bit N/NE.

Excellent write up and photos. I havn't been using the forum of late and actually came on to see if you were still doing your excellent write ups and photos and hey presto you are. Always makes a great read. Very well done. Mac has fair grown since last season. Great team.

Ta fella.

Havent done much write ups lately although been oot near every day for the last couple of months.Macs fair sprouting and cant believe its 10 years ago since we used to go oot all night on the hill and he loved it.Have a pic of him with a roe he dragged doon with me when he was 3 and cant believe how quick it goes by.

Top darts mucker. Nice to see you got a few stibbles aboot,we hardly got any in the hail county.Gid doo on the Charlie's take it your just

digging a few chookes into the grund for bait.

Aw the best for the christmas and new year,and catch up wi you in the spring

Edited by verminator69

Another few days of great sport.well done & happy Christmas.

Cheers Ollie,and have a good ane to you and your all fella.Hopefully the weather will harden up a wee bit.

like you said dave they grow in front of your eyes its a shock to look back..

there seams to be a lot of game surrounding you very lucky man...

Aye,grow too quickly Andy.

Good variety but would be better if its hardens a bit.

Awesome!Well done Dave and Mac!Brilliant write-up and pics as usual.

You should do a DVD Dave it would be great!

Cheers Mark.

Dont know aboot the DVD,would be a lot of bleeps. :yes:

Great write up, fair enjoyed reading it, do you boys ever go to your bed!

Cheers fella.

When we go on a binge the bed isnt visited that long.

Top darts mucker. Nice to see you got a few stibbles aboot,we hardly got any in the hail county.Gid doo on the Charlie's take it your just

digging a few chookes into the grund for bait.

Aw the best for the christmas and new year,and catch up wi you in the spring

Cheers ALan.

The stibble is dissapearing quickly and the goose ground will soon be nay use although there will be the odd grass park left.Could have had a cracking flight yesterday but the lad was mucking so put paid to that.Just rip a breasted pheasant,goose,doo,etc etc into bits and put a wee bit in each hole and that makes them work a bit for it and usually gives time for a squeeze.Great way to sway the odds a bit but a whole night can be a lang shift.

Have a good ane to you and your all too,and all the best for 14.If doon at Kelso will see yous then fella.

Photo frenzie....brill. Thanks and good for you. :good:

U.

Cheers fella.