Timewaster of the year

Clint1

Having been led on/down the garden path/up a creek whatever by a plethora of ******** aka timewasters, I thought it might be interesting to create a thread to 'out' some of the most prolific offenders.

Generally they agree to buy whatever you're touting, ask you to send pics, you hear nothing more. You message them to ask if they still are interested. They say" they are" of course leaving you still guessing. Silence.

What do the panel think?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happens on hear,one guy mucked me around with a guitar another with a sony nightshot camcorder.I turned away 2 other buyers due to their antics.I mean if they say they want it and something pops up then thats fine as long as they let you know so you can offer it to someone else.Its when they dont thats wats frustraiting.

Edited by Davyo

Wanted cheap as possible or free :rolleyes:

Surely it's common sense to want it as cheap as possible? For me what is worse are those that are selling used items and expecting to get their money back on them.

In general I have found selling and buying on PW to be a bit hit and miss, most are ok but this is the only forum where someone has deliberately ripped me off.

Hate it when people shop like women. See it, like it? Buy it. Don't fanny about

Cheers

Tom

:good: Went christmas shopping for the the good lady the other day, put a ticket on for an Hr, it was just over 45 minutes from the time i left home and back, all done.

Its like tyre kickers, no time for them if there interested they will buy if not, go away. I travelled a fiar few miles not long ago to pick some logs up from a member , it cost me more than normal with fuel added on but i said i would have them and stood by my word, nice day out though.

There are some really sound buyers on here and some complete and utter fools, I am sure some mess about so much asking for more photos etc they are actually trying to sell it elsewhere before they even buy it from you. The only bit that totally gets on my nerves with the sellers is those who are actually running a business but wish to use the sales section for free, noticed those that sell an lot of similar items time and again saying they are "having a clear out" etc. Now why should you clear something out and give it up only to have another a few weeks later?

This is perhaps one of the daftest repeat offences on here. I have a million wishes like a lot of people on here, but don't go out of my way to pointlessly bring them to the attention of the PW Massiv.

that could work in your favour , some one near you might have the same thing for sale ,personally can't see a problem with wish you were closer

Wish you were closer mate

:lol: Quite.

I'm wary of selling or buying from anyone without a decent PW rep. I always go and check them out, look at their posting history etc. If they're a bit of a nause you can easily avoid.

Follow this simple advice; in a transaction, if things begin to go wrong, they will inevitably continue to go wrong.

Selling/buying can be traumatic, although I have done reasonably well over the years.

In the last few days I have advertised a rifle and magazines separately, deals done and sold, money exchanged in a couple of days from advertising.

The usual collection of tyre kickers turned up but on the whole most seemed genuine enough, but as always, ..............having my interview tomorrow.........waiting for my FAC to arrive...........I'm broke, can you wait until payday...........just what I want but you are too far away...........will you take half that because its Christmas.......I definitely want it, I'll collect and pay cash in two weeks...etc., etc.

Buying FAC product is not that simple anymore, so inevitably there will be issues, perhaps I have been fortunate, and thanks again to all those who responded to my recent sale items.

Selling/buying can be traumatic, although I have done reasonably well over the years.

In the last few days I have advertised a rifle and magazines separately, deals done and sold, money exchanged in a couple of days from advertising.

The usual collection of tyre kickers turned up but on the whole most seemed genuine enough, but as always, ..............having my interview tomorrow.........waiting for my FAC to arrive...........I'm broke, can you wait until payday...........just what I want but you are too far away...........will you take half that because its Christmas.......I definitely want it, I'll collect and pay cash in two weeks...etc., etc.

Buying FAC product is not that simple anymore, so inevitably there will be issues, perhaps I have been fortunate, and thanks again to all those who responded to my recent sale items.

I agree with most of that. If the readies aren't winging their way to you the moment the deal is done you might as well forget it. I prefer bank transfer too. Everyone's doing internet banking nowadays.

I've bought a few things from other PW members with no problem, but the good thing in each case (and much better than buying from a certain online auction site) has been the opportunity to pick up hints and tips from like-minded enthusiasts.

As someone who hates shopping this does make it more of a social occasion :)

Merry Christmas to you all, and happy PW shopping.

There are some really sound buyers on here and some complete and utter fools, I am sure some mess about so much asking for more photos etc they are actually trying to sell it elsewhere before they even buy it from you. The only bit that totally gets on my nerves with the sellers is those who are actually running a business but wish to use the sales section for free, noticed those that sell an lot of similar items time and again saying they are "having a clear out" etc. Now why should you clear something out and give it up only to have another a few weeks later?

I remember someone 'emigrating' so selling loads of stuff......... 5 years on..... Still selling!!!!