Timewaster of the year

Clint1

I had someone turn up for my 17hmr with his mate... Off here too

(please bear in mind, I sell stuff all the time, be it car parts/gun stuff/nightvision etc, so I'm well weathered with tyre kickers and hexperts..)

This 'mate' must have been the biggest bull****ter iv ever met! He instructed the guy, that my gun had 'been well used' started looking down the freshly cleaned barrel, when I asked what he was looking for he told me

'just checking the rifling mate'

I almost choked on my brew.

He then started 'inspecting the bolt' (not quite sure what he was looking for.. It's a brand new gun shot 500 rounds!, it was spanking new!)

Anyway. After 5 mins stood smirking at this 'experts' comments, I told him it was a bloody gun for killing stuff, not a bloody trophy. They went and sat in the car, came n after 5 mins of hexpert advice and offered me £1 and ******** off. Lol

Can't beat tyre kickers. :-)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies Mr Clint I should have got back to you sooner, quite sure my last pm says I've got a lot on in the run up to Christmas, once tomorrow is out the way I'll get chance to sit down in front of the lap top and look at those pics. You'll have to forgive me for being a little wary after recently having a bad experience and wanting to look at items on a full size screen rather than a mobile.

PM'd

I had someone turn up for my 17hmr with his mate... Off here too

(please bear in mind, I sell stuff all the time, be it car parts/gun stuff/nightvision etc, so I'm well weathered with tyre kickers and hexperts..)

This 'mate' must have been the biggest ********ter iv ever met! He instructed the guy, that my gun had 'been well used' started looking down the freshly cleaned barrel, when I asked what he was looking for he told me

'just checking the rifling mate'

I almost choked on my brew.

He then started 'inspecting the bolt' (not quite sure what he was looking for.. It's a brand new gun shot 500 rounds!, it was spanking new!)

Anyway. After 5 mins stood smirking at this 'experts' comments, I told him it was a bloody gun for killing stuff, not a bloody trophy. They went and sat in the car, came n after 5 mins of hexpert advice and offered me £1 and ******** off. Lol

Can't beat tyre kickers. :-)

Not off PW but I had a similar couple turn up to look at a 25 year old Land Rover. They were positively rude as they "inspected" the car. When they made a derisory offer for it I told them I'd rather take it to the breakers. To see their jaws on the ground was worth the proposed loss of money. I sold it the next week for a thousand more than they'd offered to a decent bloke and I was pleased to see him drive it away, I could have held out for more but preferred it to go to someone who'd appreciate it.

I have bought and sold a few things on here with no problems so far and believe that all the deals have been mutually acceptable.

I've bought a shotgun off gunwatch. Fantastice condition, withing 25 miles of me, and exactly what I was looking for (left-hooker). The vendor had been messed about by any number of people beforehand, and after we had gone through SGC, looked at the gun agreed the price and I pulled out the cash he was absolutely gobsmacked that it was actually going ahead.

Got a load of 20 bore non-toxic cartridges from someone else on here too. Agreed price, met up, paid, and he was telling me about all the jokers trying to get them off him for free, making out that as he no longer had a 20 bore gun, it was illegal for him to keep the cartridges !

I've tried selling a gun on gunwatch too. Only comedians getting in touch. One wanted me to RFD it to him, so he could inspect it. I asked him what would happen if he didn't want it, who was paying 2 sets of RFD fees. His reply : you are, you're the seller

Had a recent set of pm's regarding the purchase of a Quantam Firefly laser from me.

Buyer was pm'ing regularly and asked for payment details.Said he prefered paypal.Told him bank transfer was best for me,sent him the details and have heard nothing since..Hmmm,was i about to be ripped off :hmm:

Possibly Paypal tend to take the buyers side first. so it's easy to receive an item then put in a dispute get your money back. leaving the seller with no item or money.

The latest car scams all revolve around paypal, the gist being they send you extra to pay their shipping agent then tell paypal cars not as described getting a refund. your left out of pocket on the "shipping fee".

Depends on who your dealing with but if it goes quiet when you say BACS only it could be a scam. on the other hand they might think your trying to rip them off because you wont take paypal.