Xmas with Chip

The Essex Hunter

He is coming on well. One thing is for certain and that is he will get plenty of days in the field with you. Has he smelled a fox yet?

I walked one out of a bit of cover the other week, he smelt the sent and his hackles went up!!

We are out twice a day work permitting so the time spent in the field has made a big difference...

TEH

He is growing up well , good luck with his future training , one thing a cocker will never lack is entusiasm !

and they can also suffer from selective hearing , mine cannot hear me shout "leave it" but can hear the safety catch of the gun being flicked off at 100 yards :whistling:

He is growing up well , good luck with his future training , one thing a cocker will never lack is entusiasm !

and they can also suffer from selective hearing , mine cannot hear me shout "leave it" but can hear the safety catch of the gun being flicked off at 100 yards :whistling:

Thank you...the "leave it bit" is not to bad to be honest as he come in the house for a while in the evening's and I was on him from the start.

So he picked that up (or not lol) quite quickly...

My first working dog so a bit of a learning curve for me...one thing is I taught scuba diving for a long time so I am used to working through problems from the way I went about things...

Young students had no fear as they had not experienced much of life to teach them danger, where some adults would have decided they couldn't do it before we even started lol....

Not having the ability to have contact and let him use his nose was making things difficult, so I brought a 6mtr slip lead coupled with much more praise makes a lot of difference...

TEH