The Queen's speech

welsh1

Where on earth do you get that figure from?

It cost each taxpayer 52p last year to fund the royal family.

Just to put a little bit of perspective to things, last year the British government spent over ten times the amount it gives to the royals on 'aid' to Syria.

Not after non Royalists and a great many so called Royalists decide not to pay in.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has the power to disband parliament at her fingers yet she continues to sit on a pile of taxpayers money whilst successive governments destroy this country and drive it deeper into debt , her "subjects" will die in the tens of thousands this winter as they do every winter through starvation and cold whilst her and her family hoard wealth and taxes, I believe the politically correct term would be " Not fit for purpose" ( unless you only think of her as a shiny hood ornament for Great Britain plc in which case she is perfect for the job) we did away with slavery and peadophillia along with leeches , trephining and mercury as medicine , about time the freeloaders went the same way , you can think of it as progress if you wish when the millions of pounds the royals cost us every year goes to save the lives of people's elderly relatives every winter

Done away with slavery and paedophilia.. Have we really?

I'd rather keep the monarchy and do away with the politicians. It would save vastly more money and lives.

i know that the royal family do a good job in promoting the country and generally they bring in more money than they cost us but i have no time for them... but each to their own, if you like them and like her crimbo speach (which i have never watched) then go for it :)

So harry and will are in the military and you respect them,have a look at phil the greeks medals,he fought in a war long past that not many seem to remember ww2,and the Queen was a land girl.

As a point of fact she was trained as a driver in the ATS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149307/Ever-seen-The-Queen-change-car-tyre-Unseen-pictures-Her-Majesty-serving-World-War-II.html

and, frankly, what would be an acceptable alternative to the Royal Family.

Edited by amateur

I am not the brightest button in the box but in never ceases to amaze me that educated people still seem to think that the Royals are somehow special and have a god given rite to own half of our country and we should all look up to them for letting us live here and when one of them has a child we are supposed throw big parties in prase of them for being so clever as to have unprotected sex.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Will and Harry have my respect but an old lady with no grip on the real world who has never worked :(

Seriously what does she do ?

If I died tomorrow would she care? No so do I care about her ? No

Sorry lads but she's not important to me

Would she house me if I lost my job ? Nope

Harry has my biggest respect for what he does tho

To Add . When will rules I might listen to the speech then as it could be age related

And this is just my feelings I know not how others feel

Works harder than most, where have you been for the last few years. She has a better grip than most of us and many politicians.

God save the Queen.

I am not the brightest button in the box but in never ceases to amaze me that educated people still seem to think that the Royals are somehow special and have a god given rite to own half of our country and we should all look up to them for letting us live here and when one of them has a child we are supposed throw big parties in prase of them for being so clever as to have unprotected sex.

Don't feed the troll, or is that elf at this time of year. :whistling::whistling:

Until 1760 the monarch met all official expenses from hereditary revenues, which included the profits of the Crown Estate (the royal property portfolio). King George III agreed to surrender the hereditary revenues of the Crown in return for the Civil List, and this arrangement persists. The Crown Estate is one of the largest property owners in the United Kingdom, with holdings of £7.3 billion in 2011.[4] It is held in trust, and cannot be sold or owned by the Sovereign in a private capacity.[5] In modern times, the profits surrendered from the Crown Estate have exceeded the Civil List and Grants-in-Aid.[2] For example, the Crown Estate produced £200 million for the Treasury in the financial year 2007–8, whereas reported parliamentary funding for the monarch was £40 million during the same period.[6]

Thanks Welsh, beat me to it and saved me looking it up. +1

She has the power to disband parliament at her fingers yet she continues to sit on a pile of taxpayers money whilst successive governments destroy this country and drive it deeper into debt , her "subjects" will die in the tens of thousands this winter as they do every winter through starvation and cold whilst her and her family hoard wealth and taxes, I believe the politically correct term would be " Not fit for purpose" ( unless you only think of her as a shiny hood ornament for Great Britain plc in which case she is perfect for the job) we did away with slavery and peadophillia along with leeches , trephining and mercury as medicine , about time the freeloaders went the same way , you can think of it as progress if you wish when the millions of pounds the royals cost us every year goes to save the lives of people's elderly relatives every winter

What a load of emotional claptrap, sorry but "her subjects will die in the tens of thousands this winter as they do every winter through starvation and cold" 31,000 died last year through hypothermia, that's 3 x 10,000 in my maths. If that's what you meat then I agree, it's a sorry state of affairs but I read it that you were trying to make it is was a lot more. I for one make sure my mother is always looked after. Quite why you are comparing this to the Queen I am not quite sure.

Is being unable to master the Queen's English a prerequisite for being a republican? Hats off to you all then for describing your half-baked ideas in such a barely literate manner.

The rest if the world are profoundly envious of our Monarchy - ask the Yanks, Frogs, Canadians, even the Convicts! They all like pomp and circumstance and it's a shame those a little closer to home can't see beyond their own bitterness that we're on to a good thing by keeping them. The Queen is the most experienced politician in the world and one of the reasons we still punch above our weight in world affairs.

And she even opens the odd hospital, care centre, etc.

The Russians had the right solution

What get rid of their monarchy and replace it with one person who stays in power by disposing of or jailing anyone who speaks out against him.that would be a great improvement on the system we have now.

Did you actually think it through before posting your great solution?

Too right . Nothing special to me

Love the royals this country would be a worse place without them in my opinion went to see them Christmas morning as a matter of fact as I do every year, Harry looked a bit scruffy with his beard but I'll let him off he has just come back from the South Pole.....

Harry has my biggest respect for what he does tho

What exactly does he do?

More than many on here I should imagine that's for sure..... Edited by tigger

Royalty has nothing to do with democracy. That's part of my point for goodness sake. Did you toe or them?

Toe? Damn auto fill. Should have said vote. Lol

Our royal family have everything to do with our democracy,they are the reason our constitution exists in the form it is.

Our royal family have everything to do with our democracy,they are the reason our constitution exists in the form it is.

No they are not. We do not have any single sense of a "constitution" , at least not in the sense typically understood ie American. We have, at best, a loose affiliation of documents, laws and custom. The Monarchy is a best titular. They are an anachronism and unnecessary in a modern world. Believe if you wish. I also have fairies a the bottom of my garden, a bloke in a red suit brought my chrissy pressies and my kids were dropped off by a stork.