george digweed shooting pigeons

Crumpler1991

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie says at the end that there were 3 other guns and they shot 813 birds, George shot 140 so by my reckoning the other 3 shot approx 224 each.................. He aint that good then is he?!?!?! ;)

that's cos he was only out for an hour , the others were most likely out from dawn to dusk , he don't like to be too far from a chippy ,

love or hate him the man is unequalled , if it moves he can hit it .

I think Mr Digweed is a legend and never a finer shot as lived but!............

I would love to see it with my own eyes,birds shot at these sort of distances with any sort of consistency.Surely he must get a tremendous amount of pr1cked/injured birds before that golden pellet finds it's mark and he brings one down clean.Even with full/extra full,at 100yrds what sort of pattern have you got,if you can even call it a pattern.It's probably more a case of how many 30inch circles can you get in between the pellets rarther than how many pellets you can get in a 30inch circle.Out of interest,as anyone on here patterned their 12bore @ 100yrds ?.

Swingit.

I think Mr Digweed is a legend and never a finer shot as lived but!............

I would love to see it with my own eyes,birds shot at these sort of distances with any sort of consistency.Surely he must get a tremendous amount of pr1cked/injured birds before that golden pellet finds it's mark and he brings one down clean.Even with full/extra full,at 100yrds what sort of pattern have you got,if you can even call it a pattern.It's probably more a case of how many 30inch circles can you get in between the pellets rarther than how many pellets you can get in a 30inch circle.Out of interest,as anyone on here patterned their 12bore @ 100yrds ?.

Swingit.

well said bud agreed hes a brilliant shot but ballistics must come into play

Edited by yickdaz

If your trying to shoot them at those distances i bet you injure far more than you will actually bring down if you hit any at all. Im not saying your a bad shot by the way just shotguns ain't for shooting things a 90 /100 yds if that's what your gonna try.

I think stevo was talking about pattern testing bud

ha-ha no worries , I world not dream of shooting at those ranges on live quarry , even IF I was happy with patterns I still would NOT try it on live quarry as I know my shooting ability is NOT up to it , however it would be interesting to see the results on a pattern plate .

ha-ha no worries , I world not dream of shooting at those ranges on live quarry , even IF I was happy with patterns I still would NOT try it on live quarry as I know my shooting ability is NOT up to it , however it would be interesting to see the results on a pattern plate .

its something I have never thought about doing, but agree it would be very interesting to see the outcome, also I bet you would have to aim over the pattern plate to get shot onto it the shot must be dropping at that range