angora ferrets

flash

I very very very much doubt you will find any angora ferrets in England, and i know alot of ferrets.

They are all from America, who on earth would want one i dont know, how does it cope in the summer?? They cant sweat as it is, its just breeding a ferret with a diformed gene, ie: long hair to another to produce an animal which looks the part but will certainly have many problems in the future.

Not my cup of tea, if you want a furry ferret well just make a jumper for them, or buy a guinea pig.

Alex ??? Poor things

i think so jumped the gun a bit there, i said nothing bout ferreting with them, i wouldnt mind one as just a pet, and going by alex, just about every pedigree dog or cat out there has a deformed gene, and most have some degree of inbreeding in them, so why would u want them :good: its the same as having a long haired cat or a long haired retreiver, it just takes an owner who cares about the animal and care for it correctly.

I think you have missed my point young lad, and are very wrong in saying its like dog breeding.

Dogs are a different kettle of fish altogether mate, and few are interbred and have problems due to interbreeding.

Silver ferrets which i know 100's of are that way due to either interbreeding or breeding from a ferret with the recessive and deformed gene. Out of all the 100's of ferrets i know the ones that die early and from problems to do with tumours and brain deformities are silvers.

Its the same with angora ferrets and angora rabbits and guinea pigs etc, through interbreeding with children to grandmothers etc you will eventually get the long hair, im not up with dog breeding much but i cant see many people interbreeding and interbreeding to get long hair and deformed/worthless dogs, yes i know many dogs have been interbred such as alsations which is why many get hip problems etc, but im not saying that every dog with long hair is interbred.

Its why i suppose many lurchers are created for their abilities of combining 2 different dogs together.

They are too much hassle than its worth, and will probably need to be shaven in the summer so they dont die of heat exhaustion as they cant sweat thus overheat and die, all for a ferret with longer hair.

Ill just tell u now if u find an angora ferret in the UK ill eat my flat cap. :good:

Alex :lol: